Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Reservoir security
How much security is ?normal? at a small rural reservoir? I only ask as I sometime run past this one on a remote country road and it appears to have a rather OTT level of security. perimeter fence...
74
74

what to use to hold bath MDF side panel on?
I'm a big fan of these you will have to have four small stainless screws going through each corner to hold the magnets on to the panel, but you won't really notice them. With MDF you could countersink...
8
8

CH pressure relief valve
When I set the pressure valve on my combi boiler to around 1 to 1.5 bar I get some dripping at the outside pressure relief valve, the pressure will drop to around .25 to .5 over a couple of days and...
3
3

I wanted to thank you.
'Adobe Lightroom' ( the most controlling fetish editing software in compensation photographers, with hundreds of thousands of effects and presets at the ready on the internet. You can download...

OT: Sometimes you just have to laugh...or end up crying
The only unusual thing is that this green crook got caught. Bill
6
6

OT: Watership Down Review
Dodgy CGI animation, rabbits that don't resemble real rabbits, voices that don't sound at all right for their characters, anti-men references, Jewish concentration camp allusions, anti-capitalist...
27
27

Two port valve actuator replacement
The two port valve actuator on our DHW is sticking open (explains why we've got skin-removing hot water out of the taps!) and so I need to source a replacement. The actuator on the central heating...
2
2

Ciontinuing saga, this time the Aga..
Is there anything a female art student cannot break? Anyway yet more of the Exes failure to do a damned thing epoenbt get a man in who doesnt knwo anything is surfacing. I have an Aga, that has an...
8
8

second email address recommendations
Need one for my Mum. She has never had an email account and sends personal emails via my Dads BT account. There is now a small snag that repeat prescriptions cannot be ordered for her as my Dad...
77
77

Spare key
Key number 7314. Fox alarm FSS7500
4
4

Water out
Pressure gauges here reading zero. Luckily the village FB closed group informs us that no one has water, there's a burst main in Chartham. Since this is a megaflow with everything at mains pressure,...
6
6

-jm-180b
-JM-180B

Bin curiosity
Anyone come across one of these? seems to be an ultrasonic bin contents volume detector that lets the council know when one of their public bins needs emptying. Sounds like quite a neat idea except...
32
32

Where has all the medicine gone?
Had a prescription from the Dr.... Pharmacy (thankfully in the same building) said nope, it?s long term unavailable and they substituted (or got the Dr to substitute) annidentical but differently...
29
29

Calibrating an auto level?
This is purely mechanical surveyor's level, for levelling only, absolutely no electronics. A tiny mirror or prism , on a very constrained and damped pendulum, set in the optical path of a x28...