Subject Author Posted Replies

Deals of the Day
I notice the screwfix web elves have been very busy planning future deals, so I have added the month to make it clear that you need to wait until November to buy a Karcher window vac ... <>
64
64

Wiring for a Shed
A friend has build a fairly elaborate shed - about 5m x 5m, insulated. An electrician has installed a 63A feed from the main supply, using a consumer unit and an MCB, to the shed (which is 75m from...
17
17

Just turn the temperature right down, I said...
It's probably been running more or less solid since it was installed, I said. If it was likely to pack in, it would be after a fortnight sat idle, I said. Don't turn it completely off, I said. So the...
5
5

What are these?
Any one got any idea of what these are? [img] https://trapbarn.com/pegs//img https://trapbarn.com/pegs/[/img] https://trapbarn.com/pegs/[/img]
14
14

Rawl bolt failure
I was going to say polyester resin too. Welcome back, BTW.
30
30

PINsentry.
Went to pay a 'new' bill online via bank transfer. With my bank, you need your PINsentry unit to set up a new one. Once done, it remembers it for next time. Pinsentry unit has a problem on the LCD...
59
59

Viessmann Vitodens 111-W
Anyone got any experience of a Viessmann Vitodens 111-W storage combination boiler? Do they really deliver hot water at the rate they claim? Other than the increased cost, is there any downside to...
8
8

Experiences of wood floor with Underfloor Heating
Hi all, I've recently put UFH in the newly united kitchen/dining rooms, as part of a totally new extensive project. This is water based with three pipe runs that provide good coverage of the space. On...
21
21

Smelly Urinals
Local supermarket had very smelly toilets. Noticed they have those waterless devices in the urinal drains. I also noticed there is no U Bend Trap under each urinal. How should these work to prevent a...
9
9

Gas boilers
I've been told that my electric boiler is useless during a power cut. Are Gas boiler C.H. pumps, timer and control electronics gas powered?
56
56

Brennan's Bakery
Amazing blatant product placement on Mrs Brown. Bill
22
22

Carpet Cleaner
Just about DIY? My brother's asked me to check Which? for carpet cleaners, and it's come up with a Bissell Clean View Deep Clean 18Z7E. In fact, this was the only Best Buy by a long chalk. £350,...
30
30

Super glue questions
I've not used Superglue very much but recently have found it useful for a couple of jobs. The problem is that it's so liquid it tends to run all over the place and you get into problems of gluing your...
44
44

Goldman Sachs - Marcus account
Has anyone any opinions on the newly advertised Marcus account from Goldman Sachs please? From what I can make out, it pays 1.5%, there are no charges and you can only pay in or withdraw into another...
51
51

Chipped Crystal Glass
We have a chip in the rim of a crystal glass. I have tried emery to smooth it - but really it needs the whole of the rim grinding down by about 2 mm. Should this be possible? Will it be satisfactory...
15
15