Subject Author Posted Replies

SOT: monitor out of range
I keep getting a message saying the monitor is out of range (when starting up PC). However, I have checked the display settings in the control panel and they are the same as the recommended settings...
9
9

Tried several searches for 5G UK coverage
....but getting circular menus, I presume there is none outside London.
16
16

Sound deadening - any material geeks/chemists here?
I want to apply sound deadening material to a pair of 3mm thick aluminium speaker cabinets. A good example of this kind of sound deadening is Piega in Switzerland. It appears they use Dinaphon M 6001,...
7
7

OT: Typical hotel power for a cruise ship
What order of magnitude is the hotel power (lighting, heating/air-conditioning, cooking, lifts etc) for a typical cruise ship? For example, one that has about 2000 guests and about 500 crew. I've just...
27
27

OT: All white wires ..
Just remembering seeing a Nimrod parked up at RAF Cosford. The wings were folded up to expose hundreds of wires all cut between the fuselage going into the wings. I was intrigued that that were all...
31
31

Weed Killer
Had a chap working in my garden last couple of days, he also replaced my fence panels. He has put some weed killer down that he says comes from Germany and cost £220 for 2 litres. Does that sound...
10
10

Where to buy 18650 batteries?
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy 18650 batteries, or a good brand? I need 3 or 4.
17
17

It makes you wonder...
There's some quality work here. The drill holders (#24) do, however, seem quite practical. <> 50 Unfortunate Construction Fails That Are Terrifying But Hilarious | Bored Panda 50 Unfortunate...
2
2

Shower hose connector
Are these connectors used for anything else too? I need a robust one
3
3

Ants !
In the last day I have seen ants in 5 different places in the house !
14
14

IEC Mobile.
I have recently acquired a mobile phone (yes I know I'm a philistine) It lives in the car . Now I seem to remember putting a number as your IEC (In Emergency Contact). How do I get this IEC number the...
9
9

Re: bet it doesn't arrive
arrived in one day...wow
21
21

B12
I can't find the thread now but article from the Daily Mail on B12 injections: DR MARTIN SCURR: During the pandemic many patients had their B12 injections stopped and were put on pills instead - a bad...

Assimilation by stealth
Nobody is seeing the gradual takeover of NHS medical practice partnerships by large american organisations. Approved apparently by the last labour government.
7
7

TFL and Oyster cards
Anyone else having trouble with the website? I though I would check my Oyster card and see if I needed to put more money on it in preparation for a possible trip to Wembley. Finally got logged in but...
4
4