Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Horrible Nuts
I absolutely love chomping on nuts. Many years ago, you could buy them and they would be fresh, in their shells and fit to eat, but over the last few years, no matter what the source, in their shells...
62
62

Recommendations for indoor paint?
The woodwork inside our house needs repainting -- we've been in the house over 30 years, and I've only spasmodically repainted the woodwork in bits and pieces. Some of it has never been painted since...
11
11

Bluetooth help please
I am getting a hearing aid that is Bluetooth enabled. However I need a telephone that will link to it, that is where I get confused. The phones that I have looked at talk about linking into...
16
16

Re: overpainting metal bed frame
In that case, I suggest one of these: Corrected the group for you. :) https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8542199 Buy Argos Home Avalon Single Metal Bed Frame - Black at Argos. Thousands of products for...
8
8

Overpainting metral bed frame
I have a black metal bedframe a lot like this one my new house it really needs to be white. How do I need to prepare the surface to achieve that and then when I've done that, do I just spray it with...
8
8

Damned Floodlights
Pet hate: Why do people aim the centre of the beam to the far edge of their property? This means that 50% of the light will be wasted by going beyond or above the boundary. Aim the centre of the...
16
16

Yesterdays customer
One of the things that I can do really well is judge a customer. So when I went to this ones house and she answered the door I said "Sorry I must have the wrong house I was expecting an old woman" The...
14
14

Hello from BT land
Moved into our new house in North Lincs from KCOM land and the village we are in has a WiFi hotspot at £7.99 a day, so got logged in and signed up to Plusnet Fibre at £30.99 pm. Thanks for all of...
15
15

OT Dr Blake Mysteries
In the current 2 part series Doctor Blake has disappeared. No proper reason given, has he died or will he return? Dis I miss an episode? It is a mystery anyone know?
9
9

Lidl Socket Set.
Interesting socket set in Lidl the other day. Has a hole down the middle so can be used with nuts on a long stud, etc. Unlimited length unlike deep sockets. Much the same use as a ratchet ring...

Mending a walking boot
A friend has asked me to mend her walking boots - see photo 're Berghaus but at the lower end of the quality range I think. I've approached a company who repair boots but they say they can't re-sole...
10
10

Conservatory roof panel - slipped
Had the DG people around today after cold draughts last month. Turned out one of the roof panels had slid down about an inch. A bit difficult to get back so there were two of them today but they slid...
7
7

Monthly battery charger?
A mate has several combinations of rechargeable / battery powered kit (portable tools, mobile radios etc) but doesn't use them all frequently. So, he would like to be able to power them on for say a...
31
31

Paper scanner element
I have a component from a Fujitsu cut-sheet scanner. an Fi-6130 to be exact. It is the scanning bar against which the sheets of paper are placed face down. I had purchased it a couple of years ago...
1
1

Lenovo tablet screen spontaneously cracked
I bought a lenovo 10" tablet in November as a present for my adult daughter. Just prior to Christmas she left it overnight on a wide window cill. In the morning she found a crack across the glass...
26
26