Subject Author Posted Replies

How to remove waterproof spray from skin?
We suspected someone use waterprood spray to blow my house . Our body,face and hair contain this waterproof spray. Skin very glossy, and all wrinkles come out. Is there any product can remove...
7
7

Not being allowed to use surge-protectors on cruise liner mains supplies
Anyone who goes on a cruise liner will (probably) know that if you take a multi-way mains block, to power multiple appliances from the single socket that they normally provide, it must not incorporate...
46
46

PVA glue
A Youtuber claims to use PVA and superglue together. Lay down the PVA and then add superglue, Brting the joint together and the instanmt action of the superglue removes the need to use cramps . Really...
9
9

Electrical contact cleaners
Does anyone have a favourite product for terminals in battery boxes for normal AA cells, etc? When I was a kid, my father used to blag little capsules of an Electrolube product from somewhere when he...
5
5

13amp plug with micro usb
What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this...
11
11

Does anyone know what these grips are called?
We were in Italy over the new year visiting in-laws. They are retired farmers, and there are interesting mountains of tools both ancient and modern lying around. One of the modern ones that I rather...
32
32

We also need to stop making
We also need to stop making flu shots and MMR vaccines. It's a kind of "congestion pricing".

Help needed - plaster / filler
Looking for help. I have about 8 holes like the images and had various recommendations. This is what looks like plaster or browning straight onto breezeblocks. No plasterboards. Some say, use pva and...
5
5

Door handle does pull down enough to fully open latch
New door handle has a stop on it so it wont pull down far enough to fully retract the latch. Old handle opened the door perfectly but all new handles I have looked at seem to have this same issue. Is...
6
6

colour matched paint
Went into a store (I won't name it because it mighty not be the store's fault, could be a generic problem with this product) with a sample of the emulsion paint that I wanted, painted on to a piece of...
8
8

Apprentice and Hex keys
Understandable, metric has been taught in schools for the past 40+ years.
113
113

Resin 'paving'.
I fancy doing some paving at the back of our house to replace some poorly laid concrete. There are a couple of manholes at jaunty angles though and a soil pipe so I can see a lot of cutting and...
29
29

Schuko socket (further difficulty)
The electrician fitted the Schuko socket but put the live to the left. Not that it matters, but I decided it would be a good idea to modify it. However, the terminal screw broke as I was tightening it...
12
12

OT: Bloody Royal Mail
So, you buy a 1st class large letter stamp - this can be used to send a large letter? No. Not any more. Now we have 4 different weight categories within "large letter", and the stamp only covers the...
183
183

chips
Why are chip shop chips so horrible? They are soft and squashy; no crispness, and the potato doesn't taste right. Are they using the wrong type of spuds? Are cooking the chips on a low temp and not...
57
57