Subject Author Posted Replies

Reminderfox
I used to use Reminderfox with Firefox, to remind me of anniversaries, appointments etc. Then it became incompatible with FF (or rather, the other way around), but was still useable with T'bird. But...
10
10

EDF Energy Easy Online tariff and smart meters and SMETS1/2
I used a switching site (Money Saving Expert if I remember correctly) to switch suppliers to a 2 year fixed deal. Just had a phone call which tells me that I MUST have a smart meter fitted in the next...
6
6

Oh FFS ... now what ?!
I have an old Grandstream VOIP phone I inherited a while back (with 3 more in the loft, so not a worry). Not used a great deal, but it lives on my desk. Just a few minutes ago, the LCD backlight came...
2
2

More snake oil please (£300 usb cable)
Brian, here is the text :- By applying the QSeries architectures developed for its analogue cables, KLEI aims to bring similar benefits to its digital cables. The cable?s architecture is designed to...
34
34

Computer power-up problem
The number of beeps and their frequency/sequence may tell you what is wrong For instance instance code 1-1-2 on that page means a sequence of: 1 beep, 1 beep period without a beep, 1 beep, 1 beep...
46
46

Dimming LEDs
When dimming tungsten lamps, it was pretty well known the efficiency dropped dramatically. In other words, you got less lumens (or whatever) per watt consumed. Does the same apply to LEDs? Or just to...
25
25

Low level letterbox prohibition bill
In article >, NY wrote: But hasn't the country voted to leave the EU - primarily to stop being told what to do? Home - Privacy.net
44
44

Braun Toothbrushes
Are all the different models basically the same motor / battery / drive units with just the odd gimmick and different heads added - or is there a step change somewhere in the range?
26
26

Laser printer problems
Thanks for your help. It also appears I can set the paper type to lables which does alos help as well. I have lived in happy ignorance of these settings in the past!
8
8

Dry lining boxes
In the ongoing Schuko saga, the kitchen fitters have installed two dry lining boxes by screwing the yellow bits sideways into the chipboard, leaving them wholly rigid and not quite parallel. Is this a...
21
21

Parliament Traffic
Well they have been seen around here. Is it not just the same as advertising on a truck? I'm not sure about how dangerous it might be. Flashing up a picture of a naked woman might be very off-putting...
22
22

Side flush lever trouble
I?m trying to mend a toilet flush mechanism ? it?s a bog standard syphonic flush mechanism but rather than a lever at the front of the cistern there?s a ?paddle? sticking out of the side fairly like...
5
5

Going rate for garden fencing
We need about 24 metres of 6ft high horizontal "ranch style" fencing (with "hit'n'miss" planking either side of 4" posts) replaced. Can anyone give me a ball park figure for replacement? Access is...
25
25

Openreach engineers 4th visit...
Tim Streater submitted this idea : I now have 39950Mbs via FTTC and no, I really don't absolutely need that. I managed perfectly well with the 16Mbs over entirely copper.
122
122

.