Subject Author Posted Replies

Water blending question
In article >, Tim+ writes: You could try a thermostatic shower specially for a combi or multipoint water heater. These include a pressure equialisation valve on the inputs, and are very fast acting...
5
5

How to fix plastic part
Any ideas how to fix this, it looks like originally it was held together by 2 plastic lugs. and one has broken off. the diamater of the hole is approx 12mm. In simple terms I want to glue them back...
13
13

CO2 levels
If this year is expected to have the biggest increase in CO2 levels due to El Nino making plants/trees less 'thirsty' for the stuff, then will the next La Nina year produce a corresponding smaller...
29
29

OT: Puncture
BTW you can buy kits to easily fix that straightforward type of puncture off ebay for about a fiver.
55
55

Incompetant installer
almost ten years ago, we had the boiler replaced and part of the job involved for some reason, replacing a perfectly good and working wired room stat in the hall. Replaced with a wireless one, mounted...
5
5

2 socket, 3 socket, 4 socket 13A outlets
Hi Pop Pickers! I was just looking for process on 13A MK Logic double sockets* (so much cheaper at Toolstation than a traditional electrical wholesalers (Kew Electrical) quoted me for 3 (approx....
8
8

EGA Tube?
Going off topic on purpose... Kopex also make a rather nice all plastic tube with waterproof glands that I used to take my meter tails from the box outside over the wallplater under the roof and...
19
19

And they're *still* using lead !?!?!?!
In article >, alan_m > wrote: No - it's because lead expands in the heat far more than things like slates. So you need to provide a means of allowing for that expansion. And being a dark colour...
64
64

Re: Any opinions on Rayburn or Alpha range cookers/boilers?
Very difficult to find anyone to service Alpha s very expensive too last service £1500 2 years ago and now needs another service.
7
7

Eternal server gone ?
The seems to have been completely inaccessible now, since around the 18th. Have they switched it off permanently? http://reader80.eternal-september.org
29
29

Chemical in CH system?
Can I use beer line cleaner in a CH system's primary? BLC is sodium hydroxide with a little bleach. The CH primary contains copper pipe, steel rads, a boiler with silicon steel exchanger & a few...
13
13

CH Cleaner 1.99
Screwbreak clearance: Flomasta Central Heating Filter Fluid 500ml 8446V. It's a cleaner designed to be added with existing inhibitor. I assume the odd name is why it's on clearance. NT

Repairs to chipboard
Now on to part 4 of the Schuko installation problem. I have bought a dry lining box that will fit the chipboard (25mm lugs). On removing the previous box, I have discovered that the size of the hole...
12
12

RJ45 Cat5e plugs
A big ooops from me. I connected each of the cables, which I deemed as not working when connected to my laptop, to another desktop, and hey oh, they did work. It now looks like there is something...
41
41

How can you possibly fall off a self balancing scooter?
I tried one, once, I couldn't stay on it. I see countless Youtube videos of people falling off them. But why? If you are about to fall over backwards, shouldn't it feel the tilt of your feet and...
23
23