Subject Author Posted Replies

LyteSpan 7
It's a four circuit lighting track from the '70s. Made by Concord/Rotaflex. Anyone got a spare plug or even fitting lying around to rob the plug from? It's for a small gallery where they have loads of...
4
4

Confirm switch wiring, please
The wiring regs certainly envisage screw terminals failing, and don't seem to mandate cable retention in light switches at all. The contact failed because either; - it was never screwed up properly...
66
66

OT Airbus issues with the USA
A Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft does a flyby at the Farnborough Airshow, Hampshire, on July 18, 2010. (Image credit: AFP via @daylife) With all the bad things being written about China's export...
12
12

Plastic repair update
Re previous post: Ok having looked at it more carefully I have managed to seperate the 2 parts (also better images below) It is off a Kirby vacuum shampoo water tank, it is an on/off `valve` My...
10
10

I don't like DPD
I know DPD is the newsgroup's courier of choice, but they've lost my new telly somewhere between Birmingham and Uddingston. The 1 hour delivery slot system doesn't work if you're waiting in all day...
16
16

Curling screed
I am currently being an extension to increase the size of our lounge and have had tradesmen in to the job, which included laying an unbonded 60-80mm fibre-reinforcedĀ sand and cement screed to finish...
9
9

Disable deadlocking mechanism?
I needed to buy a Yale 89 night latch in a hurry, to replace a broken one. The only one available was one with a deadlocking facility. This is the only exit from a flat, so it's possible somebody...
7
7

Sub CU, which end is the RCD?
I'm running power to a shed, not a long feed from an existing CU in the garage. It will be fed from an MCB (or RCBO) in the garage CU and will have a small (2 circuit?) CU in the shed with one CB for...
8
8

replacement doors to house
We need two doors in our house replaced, one in the kitchen going out to the yard, and the front door to the house. Who would do such work in my area, London SW12? I can spend a little more money, I...

Part P like-for-like replacement
Not having much luck with lighting at the moment. :-(( One of the three bathroom downlight bulbs went this morning - the one over the shower. It was a 12v/20w halogen bulb G5.3/MR16 fitting. I...
50
50

Virgin or not virgin?
Situation. My neighbour who has home phone and tv, has had several phone calls saying they were from virgin but with completely incomprehensible English saying a new box was coming. She told them they...
8
8

saving money by using less leccy
On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 14:19:37 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom wrote: Makes sense, thanks. noreply.com
59
59

Adobe photo downloader
I have Photoshop 4, ancient and long superceded but it does all I want. I run it under 32 bit Win 7. My new-to-me computer running 64-bit Win 7 won't run PS 4, so I've had to upgrade to PS 7....
3
3

Updating lighting wiring
That's why I asked the question. Would it be within the regs to connect up the earth of cabling which is already there, even if the rest of that cabling is the "wrong" colour? That would be a happy...
6
6

Cheap Watches
From the part number printed on the mechanism. If none, I suppose one would have to go by dimensions and length of winder, these seem to be main variables. Also whether it has a second hand. Mine...