Subject Author Posted Replies

Drill between or through bathroom tiles?
Enough that a proper mirror will improve my life, I hope. Daniele
25
25

Hermes Deliveries
I've noticed that Herpes couriers now take a picture of the package they're delivering on the doorstep instead of asking for a signature. I thought that's not much use, it doesn't prove anything but...
2
2

OT - power outage postcodes affected and explanation
We had a very brief power outage this morning. Shortly after we received a phone message on the landline, and I received a text message on my phone. Both from UK Power Networks. Nice to see some...
2
2

DIY chimney sweeping
Has anyone acquired / had a go with one of these-type things? 's a 232-character URL at Amazon, reduced by TinyURL.) Background: we have a small woodstove, connected to a traditional 60s semi's...
13
13

Bill Wright
That has just made me think. Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?
43
43

OT: The world's most expensive boring book?
Ebay listing for this book on chemistry titled "Structure data of Free Polyatomic Molecules" - subtitled: "Molecules Containing no Carbon Atoms and Molecules Containing one or two Carbon Atoms." This...
31
31

My Latest woodwork project
I know we have some woodworking enthusiasts here. A slightly unconventional approach but it works. http://www.thewoodhaven2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3840...
4
4

Which council department?
Which local council will be responsible for ensuring gutters and fall pipes on private retail buildings are adequately maintained? As in there is a certain building in the village which fronts...
3
3

Painting
In my working days I've stopped over in many Travelodges and such. I've always noticed the walls are painted a different colour to the ceilings and that the change in colour is as far as I could see...
25
25

Combi boiler hot water issues and questions
The Baxi 105HE combi boiler is right at the back of the rear utility room extension of a bungalow, approx 15m from the kitchen which is at the front of the house and where the mains comes in. The...
4
4

attn: news.individual.net users
In particular one using a gmail addy ... WTF can't I reply to your posts ? It's only you - something somewhere is putting a CR/LF in the "References" header field which is causing either ES, or PAN to...
10
10

Decorators in on Tuesday
I'm getting a couple of walls painted. These have got woodchip on some of them but not all (no idea why). Anyway, the decorators have said if the walls aren't in great nick they'll use lining paper....
22
22

Best self-assembly electronics kits for beginners?
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 05:47:09 -0000 (UTC), Nige Danton wrote: Not sure how things are going now, but a great source of bits was radio rallies. I used to go years back, when large numbers of amateurs...
79
79

laser levels
Recommendations please! I need something that will work outdoors, range only 10m max, mainly for concrete, drainage, etc. Bill
7
7

Installing a Stannah stair lift 260
Please help. I bought a Stannah stair lift 260 for my father and I tried to install it today. I can?t work out how to get the chair on to the rails. As it so heavy I tried to fit the chair to the...
1
1