Subject Author Posted Replies

Italian made
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 13:00:55 +0000, (Roger Hayter) wrote: Check the pH of the water. Is the tank being fed from a local authourity supply or are you pumping from a well? If you want to keep using the...
6
6

Window lock advice needed
I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames. See: have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and...
5
5

British General 13A RCD Fused Spur White (8250P): Puzzle
My thought also. Well, I've just taken another look. The unit has a front panel, which appears to be mounted onto the rear base that contains the cabling connection. The fuse-holder seems to be within...
15
15

Tap sizing (for reviver kit)?
I recently bought replacement "traditional" style tap heads for some old basin taps, but the replacements had a 3/4 thread and a 5/8 jumper, whereas the old tap bodies have a 1" thread (and a 3/4...

12V circuit breaker - polarity sensitive?
<> Move angers environmental campaigners but is welcomed by automotive industry Move angers environmental campaigners but is welcomed by automotive industry
24
24

Shower Tray
+1. Alternatively, if you really can't connect to a lower part of the stack (drop through the ceiling below and box-in the pipe?), then maybe a shower waste pump would be worth investigating.
12
12

Leaky PVC waste pipe
The two traps are clean and the washine machine smells fresh even if left unused for a week. The washer exhaust hose doesn't smell and has no gunk. The odour entrering the room is exactly that of the...
20
20

Contacting BigClive
Anyone know how to contact Big Clive? I have something he might be interested in. He has a Facebook page but doesn't seem to read (or at least ever respond) to visitor posts. Can't find any other way...
7
7

Combination lock for outside door - is this Yale any good?
Nothing in principle but less handy to use than a push button type lock. A hasp and padlock sort of integrated into a single device would be OK though. At Microsoft our mission and values are to help...
11
11

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?
On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 11:08:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote: Not perfect (nothing is). However PN are one of the best IMHO. I particularly like the fact that Bob Pullen of PN reads and...
9
9

Question about sub-main sizing
I was planning to use a 50A type C MCB to protect the sub-main and 16A type B RCBOs in the new CU - this should give discrimination. The reason for using 16A, rather than 32A, is that I have several...
22
22

Joining TV coax
Do you have something against inline F-type female sockets? Or do you already have a big bag of males? It is surprising what you can get away with in practice.
57
57

Rechargable batteries for DECT cordless phones - is there a problem with getting too high a mAhr rating?
So long as you use batteries with the same chemistry as the originals then there should not be a problem. Phone makers just use the cheapest (ie low capacity) ones that can reasonably get away with....
27
27

Ottoman hinges *without* gas struts ?
Went to open our ottoman bed this morning, and discovered one of the pressed studs the gas strut connects to had sheared off. A cursory google suggests (naturally :( ) that it's easy to get the whole...
5
5

chinky bastards
anybody had trouble with no delivery ? http://from......DHGate.com