Subject Author Posted Replies

Popular video on demand services
Anyone know if you can use the 1 month free trial (cancel when the month is up) 12 times using 12 different CC or bank cards with 12 different email addresses and then get a years free viewing? It...
4
4

Mains cable detectors
Do any of these actually work? Reading reviews it seems to me I might just as well hold up a choc ice and see if it melts. I just used my rather old detector to trace a mains cable I wanted to use for...
16
16

Old cottage to retiree apartment.
My wife and I are 2 thirds of a trio living in a dilapidated cottage with a large garden. We're all around retirement age and have decided we want to sell up and get minimal apartments designed for...
29
29

Tightening leaking shower waste pipe in a tight space
I've just replaced the macerator in my bathroom, and the shower trap has started to leak at one of the joints between the trap and the waste pipe. I guess I disturbed the joints during the...
8
8

OT: The next environmental crisis: dihydrogen monoxide levels through the roof!
This stuff is in the air almost constantly, especially at this time of year. And yet no one is doing a damn thing about it.
18
18

OT: Reservoir overflows
Why do they make them like this, instead of just a simple overflow by the side of the dam? They look fucking dangerous for fishing boats etc....
25
25

UHD TV or monitor? - X-post
On 18 Feb 2019 00:22:23 +0000 (GMT) Theo wrote: ...and allegedly shorter lifespan compared to LED backlit LCD. For some reason, OLEDs in a big grid can start to crawl up the curtains after...
14
14

Right angle flag fork spade terminals like this
Im trying without any success to find some Right angle/ flag /fork/ spade/ terminals like this and ebay searches have not come up with anything someone somewhere must still stock them
16
16

Pipe freezing to replace bypass valve
I want to replace a bypass valve in the central heating. It's easily accessible and uses 22mm copper pipe with compression fittings. I don't want the bother of draining, refilling, bleeding, adding...
6
6

replacement front / kitchen doors to house
We need two doors in our house replaced, one in the kitchen going out to the yard, and the front door to the house. Who would do such work in my area, London SW12? I can spend a little more money, I...
12
12

fitting a butler sink in my garage
I'm fitting a butler sink but due to space restrictions the sink will go hard against the wall and taps at the end. Just questioning which is the best end? the one closest to the overflow and plug or...
3
3

Adding a stopcock
Water co stopcock is under the pavement in front of the driveway - easily accessible. There is another one inside the house, but the lazy builders who did out extension a few years ago added several...
5
5

OT: new study on low cost low carbon electricity.
is a report about a report that looks at the TOTAL cost of low carbon electricity. Not surprisingly they find that a mix of nuclear hydro and gas is the lowest cost low emission, and that adding...
17
17

OT, question
What do actors, politicians and footballers have in common? they all congratulate each other for merely doing their jobs.
6
6

Zone 3 landing not working
We have just had one month ago new battery and replacement box fitted. Husban was going away so wanted to test I knew how to do it before he went so tested twice pressed 3 then omit zone 2 then our...
5
5