Subject Author Posted Replies

HDMI audio.
Hi all, Earlier I was asked if I could provide a / TV for someone in their bedroom and they wanted their TalkTalk Youview box in there as well. So we made a small hole though the wall and ran an...
24
24

Soldering iron flex. Sources of silicone cable
Difficult to answer that one without incriminating myself! The soldering is of two different types - with copper-foil (aka Tiffany) technique the solder holds the copper-foil together, and is...
16
16

Pull text from Gmail
I have a bunch of Gmail emails from a certain person and would like to import all the text into one text file, sorted in date order. The idea is to get something that I can edit to pull together a...
7
7

Alternatives to the discontinued Screwfix Turbo Ultra stainless screws
Trade marks have nothing to do with the size of the operation except in the sense that the bigger operations can afford the cost of trademarks. http://snipped-for-privacy@esprimo.zbmc.eu...
20
20

Dyson 2
Just seen that they charge £99 so I will DIY it. New motor for less than £20 - or should I try brushes first? Any traps on dismantling it?
6
6

Dyson
Before I do some DIY, do Dyson still do a reasonably priced service on a DC07? Motor is intermittent and sounding like serious arcing. The used to do a service call where various bits and bobs would...
5
5

OT Grenfell fire
Cnannel 4---20.00 tonight. Might be interesting.

OTish - computer soak testing ...
Our lad managed to spunk quite a bit on a s/h MacBook (I think he has ambitions about making music, and video editing). With tiresome predictability, it started having some "issues", so I got roped...
25
25

water pressure: hammer/reducing valve?
Hello, I have some water hammer caused by the washing machine and dishwasher. Should I get some of those arrestors and fit one by each appliance? I measured the water pressure and it is 4 bar. I'm...
9
9

Self-aligning screw thread?
Some years ago there was a thred with three spirals on it. It was indeed hard to get it on badly. I guess the self tapping screw was the solution they came up with, cheap and cheerful Brian
108
108

Oil boiler lock out on very windy days
"Back draughts" down the chimney. A chimney top cowl may fix the problem. Often caused by a nearby high obstruction causing vortexes in the wind. Eg tree, other building, roof ridge. Or...
6
6

Connecting sinks etc to smelly septic system
Most of our sinks, baths, washing machines etc drain into the old rainwater system which drains we know not where. We've been told under the new regulations they must all drain into the victorian...
11
11

Consumer unit circuit ordering
Yup - you have lots of appliances that have a reputation for being a source of high leakage currents (i.e. lots of things with metal clad, mineral insulated heating elements in damp environments)
35
35

Stencils Needed?
Was anyone watching harry for tha last few days? Personally I would be thrilled to have an ex barrister as a neighbour, whatever the chrominosity. odd thing is, all these thick nasty tossers were...
4
4

Popular video on demand services
Anyone know if you can use the 1 month free trial (cancel when the month is up) 12 times using 12 different CC or bank cards with 12 different email addresses and then get a years free viewing? It...
4
4