Subject Author Posted Replies

The Great British Sewing Bee
SWMBO would like to know hat make and model of machine they use in this programme. Aanyone know ? Ive tried picking up details from the programme but after a few minutes I lose the will to live.
1
1

Acorn extractor fan
I have purchased a replacement fan unit for an Acorn hob extractor fan. Only thing is the wiring colours are different from the old one. Can anyone please let if they have have the conversion ?
2
2

Cutting hole for sink
The jigsaw will be OK. Assuming a laminate worktop, you'll get the best cut with a downcut blade. Alternatively, you can cut from the bottom side with a regular blade but the blades don't always stay...
5
5

40mm pushfit
OK thanks all - I assumed wrong. The pipe is actually solvent-weld type but is fine with compression joints. It's just the "38mm" pushfit elbow that doesn't fit.
18
18

Old Acorn fan wiring
Can anyone please identify the colour coding on an old Acorn extractor hood fan motor as the do not match those on a replacement
1
1

Bluetooth & landline telephone help please
Have you followed the pairing instructions and call transfer instructions as shown in <>?Cheers Dave R http://www.atltelecom.com/download/29 http://www.atltelecom.com/download/29...
13
13

HDMI audio.
Hi all, Earlier I was asked if I could provide a / TV for someone in their bedroom and they wanted their TalkTalk Youview box in there as well. So we made a small hole though the wall and ran an...
24
24

Soldering iron flex. Sources of silicone cable
Difficult to answer that one without incriminating myself! The soldering is of two different types - with copper-foil (aka Tiffany) technique the solder holds the copper-foil together, and is...
16
16

Pull text from Gmail
I have a bunch of Gmail emails from a certain person and would like to import all the text into one text file, sorted in date order. The idea is to get something that I can edit to pull together a...
7
7

Alternatives to the discontinued Screwfix Turbo Ultra stainless screws
Trade marks have nothing to do with the size of the operation except in the sense that the bigger operations can afford the cost of trademarks. http://snipped-for-privacy@esprimo.zbmc.eu...
20
20

Dyson 2
Just seen that they charge £99 so I will DIY it. New motor for less than £20 - or should I try brushes first? Any traps on dismantling it?
6
6

Dyson
Before I do some DIY, do Dyson still do a reasonably priced service on a DC07? Motor is intermittent and sounding like serious arcing. The used to do a service call where various bits and bobs would...
5
5

OT Grenfell fire
Cnannel 4---20.00 tonight. Might be interesting.

OTish - computer soak testing ...
Our lad managed to spunk quite a bit on a s/h MacBook (I think he has ambitions about making music, and video editing). With tiresome predictability, it started having some "issues", so I got roped...
25
25

water pressure: hammer/reducing valve?
Hello, I have some water hammer caused by the washing machine and dishwasher. Should I get some of those arrestors and fit one by each appliance? I measured the water pressure and it is 4 bar. I'm...
9
9