Subject Author Posted Replies

Getting a man in by mistake.
In 20+ years of home ownership I can only think of one job I haven't done myself and been glad. Currently waiting for a builder to ring. I wanted the kitchen wall knocking through and decided that...
16
16

Oven light cover
The oven light has gone in our Neff that was installed a year or so ago. The instructions are quite clear about how to change the lamp - start by removing the cover. The cover, however, has other...
19
19

Sealant around the tile to wash basin edge coming off
My cleaner tells me its come off in a long elastic string, and I have cut the loose bit off. How would one replace this. I'm not going to do it myself as I'll make a hash of it but I would need to...
7
7

Remote dimmer switch?
Hi all, Is there a LED compatible remote / local wall mounted dimmer switch that anyone here has personally experienced and can recommend please? This is for someone who is ill / bedridden to be able...
31
31

Removing sealant
The current job is taking the roof off the workshop that Tim envied. 3.5m long rolled steel sandwich with 85mm PIR foam fill sheets. The problem is the sealant strip used to weatherproof the lap. 10...
6
6

Best screw/bolt for joining 4"*4" posts?
I've got a bunch of old 4x4" fenceposts that I'm going to build up to make the walls of some raised beds. Probably put an internal corner post in and screw/bolt the posts to it from the inside so that...
7
7

f2s email down?
Anyone having problems? They've told me they have a fault. Bill
5
5

Time for a new desk top PC, recommendations please
As the subject. any ideas will be welcomed
57
57

Where to get brass BSW screws?
I need some 3/16 BSW brass, raised head, countersunk screws, either 7/32" or 1/2" long. Can anyone suggest a supplier?
15
15

Wall lights up and working
Well, I finally got all the lights working, but... The Där fittings, although attractive, have some issues. (These are the lights: <>)Firstly, they aren't quite symmetrical - the right-hand lamp of...
1
1

Bang, flash, what a failure (mode)
This one raised an eyebrow... The time before last when I used my mains powered multimaster, there was a bang and a blue flash from the back of it as a capacitor in its mains inlet filter decided to...
9
9

All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.
they are poisoning the users I suppose. Once again Lam a trendsetter. No gas in our house! Using gas for heating and cooking should be banned by 2050, the Government said yesterday. Low-carbon...
116
116

Falling or fallen trees?
I've a good mind to phone this guy up and say, "If you can come round in the next two seconds, there's an oak tree falling into my garden." Find the latest stuff for sale on Gumtree. See used items...
12
12

Burglar alarms and stable doors again
Just fitted an alarm at a house that was burgled 4 days ago.
16
16

Scales that can't make up their mind
Not really a DIY question (unless it turns out that there is in fact a DIY fix), so apologies. I have a bathroom scale with an LED display (branded Weight Watchers but I don't know the actual maker)...
51
51