Subject Author Posted Replies

OT? why rod isn't an austrailian even though he claims to be..
He claims to have built his house but the reality is that just about anything DIY electrical is illegal in aussi land. Even changing the plug on an appliance is illegal. need for the video bit brian,...
4
4

OT tremendous sight. (Steam locomotive)
Just a little bit of fun. Did a couple of (rough) calculations and worked out this is how 60163 Tornado might look like when she hopefully does roughly 100mph in the future, seen at Abergavenny on the...

Scouring
I was scouring the stainless steel sink with a metal scourer and I thought - "What is the characteristic smell"

Fridge light upgrade.
The SES 15W incandescent lamp went (possibly for the second time) in our fridge and I wondered if they did an LED replacement. It seems they do and I picked one up from Homebase: seems Cooker hood /...
31
31

Re: AGA solid fuel cooker
On Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 4:02:47 PM UTC+1, gill wrote: Wow, there's a lot of ignorance around when it comes to AgA and Rayburn cookers/appliances, especially when the "conversation" turns to...
16
16

Another combi boiler hot water question
I've been trying to understand what happens with the hot water when my wife screams that it has gone cold in the shower so I watched it the other day. Turn shower on, burner comes on, led lights (Baxi...
28
28

SOT: washing machine
An argument has just occurred between two of my neighbours about one cutting off the water without notification. Said it could cause damage. For tactical reasons I went shopping !!! This got me...
14
14

???
Nearside Headlamp has a product on the lens but not seriously reducing light output (4.1.4 (b)) what is "product"
5
5

firefox
firefox is not working well any longer on all my XP machines what else can I use?
12
12

Cleaning Hob nozzle/pipework with Electrics still connected
I need to get a gas jet off the hob to have a clean out of the nozzle and any debris in the supply pipework. Have been told to disconnect the mains electric as its difficult to blow any debris out the...
5
5

[OT] Time left on old passport when renewing
Time to renew a passport, so I just checked the website, and it appears that when applying for a new UK passport, the time left on the old passport is no longer added to the new one (couple of lines...
63
63

cheap hoose
17
17

The Social Register is a semi-annual publication in the U.S.
The Social Register is a semi-annual publication in the U.S. that indexes the members of American high society. First published in the 1880s by newspaper columnist Louis Keller, it was later acquired...

Rubberised coating removal
We have some Kef speakers (cast alloy construction) that had that silky rubber coating. Needless to say this coating is a ghastly sticky mess. We?re using acetone at present but wondering if there?s a...
20
20

Danger - apprentice at work
I found this sliding patio door lock fitted on the house I've just bought. https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg