Subject Author Posted Replies

iPad continuously loses wI fi signals.
iPad continuously loses wI fi signals. Will connect for 5-10 minutes at over 45Mbps then that disappears. Tried... Factory reset, Router Power Cycle, Checking Broadband extender, on ground floor,...
9
9

Paint for cast iron gutters - Hammerite smooth?
I've recently replaced the one 6m length of PVC gutter bodge on the house with cast iron to match everything else (a slightly tough job, single handed; where are the off-spring when you need them?)...
14
14

Window sill
Hi I have a tiled kitchen window sill and wanted to know if u can put a UPVC window sill on top without removing the tiles. Need any suggestion on how to do this and the best material to use
2
2

Tonights £15 Billion Pund Railway
Repeated from a few nights ago. The cable pullers from Hartlepool install 2.5 tonnes of 4 core SWA and expertly remove the outer sheath and the wire protection with a big hacksaw, a la DIM. isn't...
18
18

Built in appliances?
I've always poo poo-ed built in appliances but I was surprised to learn that they (or dishwasher at least) have a greater interior capacity than normal ones. Just wondering what others opinions are?...
23
23

iMac Thunderbolt
OK, moving on from an argument I was having here about Mac vs PC, I do appreciate that I am the blind leading the blind. I've been trying to help this friend who has bought an iMac with a 3.06 i3...
20
20

Weird job
Got a call the other day "my kitchen sink waste has fallen out". Popped in on the way home. It was one of these; you know the type, there is a steel bit inside the sink, a plastic bit under, washers &...
20
20

Stuck mdf bath panel
Use a multi tool to cut the skirting, remove it then you should be fine.
12
12

[OT] Dumbing down
Article on the BBC News site this morning - 'Supermarkets misleading shoppers on healthy food, say nutritionists' FFS, 'The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) said many products are being...
12
12

I'll raise TMHs wireless doorbell installation
On Friday I installed a wireless doorbell for a deaf woman. Why would anyone ring an electrical contractors to fit a wireless doorbell?
16
16

240 year old automaton.
https://www.chonday.com/15454/the-writer-automaton/ https://www.chonday.com/15454/the-writer-automaton/ https://www.chonday.com/15454/the-writer-automaton/
6
6

How many golf courses in Surrey?
I don't know the area well enough to suggest anywhere but hope your firm allows "actuals" for overnight expenses when there's no cheap motels etc nearby. But small mercies in that a few minutes away...
37
37

The Experiment That Made Einstein Famous
The Experiment That Made Einstein Famous One hundred years ago, an extraordinary feat of astronomy proved that the theory of relativity was true By Andrew Robinson, Feb. 14, 2019, Wall St. Journal One...
16
16

OT Failure to purchase condoms
I was at the gfs last night and her 15 year old son decided for the first time in his life to take a shower without been made to. He then put on his best clothes, plenty of deodorant and went out "to...
42
42

Side-entry fill valve
Anyone fitted a Fluidmaster Side-entry fill valve? <>There is almost no information about this on the internet. Even Fluidmaster seem to have little information, and what they have concerns the...
9
9