Subject Author Posted Replies

Fireplace in a shed?!
I came across a shed today, 8x6m, brick built, with a slate roof, and a chimney! Not a boiler or wood burning stove type thing, but a traditional brick chimney. Any idea as to why someone would do...
64
64

Shower?
Looks interesting, especially the installation process. Transform your daily shower experience. 10x more immersive for you. 65% more sustainable for the planet. Transform your daily shower experience....
20
20

Shower Screen
When I get around to it I fancy a walk in shower with a screen that has a sort of flipper narrow hinged door at one end (a sort of spray deflector) - in other words - not a cubicle. However, they seem...
4
4

OT: Sat nav
Absolutely. The things saying 'if you trake this detour it will save you ten minutes sitting in a jam' is marvellous as are all the red lines for roadworks, closed roads and general congestion.
179
179

How to clean rough ceramic
An old fashioned toothpaste with a bit of roughness to it,not one of the gel types. GH http://snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk
5
5

What's this wall-plate for?
Question asked on a Web forum, Can anyone identify this?
7
7

18 th century motoring
1770 French Cugnot (Repro)(1), first self powered Military vehicle 1770 French Cugnot (Repro)(1), first self powered Military vehicle
12
12

Strange new ICE
Sources & Credits: 7. VC Turbo https://www.infiniti.ca/en/future-vehicles/vc-turbo-engine.html 6. Circle Cycle http://www.circlecycleice.com/ 5. Quasiturbine http://quasiturbine.promci.qc.ca/...

DIY or Heath Robinson?
Get the audio track "Marble Machine" by Wintergatan: https://wintergatan.bandcamp.com/track/marble-machine Marble Machine built and composed by Martin Molin Video filmed and edited by Hannes Knutsson...

USB PSUs with C14 inlet?
Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style inlet? (or even better a pass through)? (basically for an application where I have a power feed to a commercial display TV, that...
9
9

How to remove coach bolts
I'm trying to dismantle one of those outdoor swings - like a wooden sofa suspended on chains from a wooden framework with A shaped supports at either end. The bits of timber are attached with what I...
26
26

Project Binky, Episode 23
Is now out.
2
2

What do YOU pay for broadband?
Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT. £30.80 PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month... Mobile - PAYG...
68
68

Puzzle of plastic
When I was a young man, a long time ago, bottles were glass and bags were paper. Why cant the supermarkets revert to those? Bottles were returned and paper used to light our fires. Then we moved to...
70
70

Corroded Alloy Engine (appearance)
Wife's Toyota Aygo gets little use and I opened up the engine bay to see that the alloy block was looking quite corroded - I know it is only cosmetic, but it looks neglected. It is typical sort of...
8
8