Subject Author Posted Replies

Mending ceramics
I have knocked over a vase. It was cracked top to bottom and has now come cleanly apart into two large pieces and one small triangle. They dry fit nicely back together so I am going to attempt to glue...
48
48

Mixer tap spout removal
I need to replace the O rings on a mixer tap. It has no grub screw securing the spout so I understand that the spout needs to be in this position. ?dl=0 Is it always this direction or might it be over...
13
13

pottery kiln
I need to repair loose fittings on the outside of my wife's pottery kiln. An outer skin of stainless steel encloses very soft bricks that can withstand 1300 degrees C. The outside gets too hot to...
10
10

Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?
We want to install some lighting in a summer house and it seems to us that some sort of remote wireless switching would make sense as the switches are going to be a *long* way from the lights and it...
7
7

New cordless Makita (slightly OT)
Start your 2019 off right with the durable, cordless Makita Coffee maker. Start your 2019 off right with the durable, cordless Makita Coffee maker.
6
6

Wrinkled Celotex - indicative of an issue?
Just taken delivery of a number of Celotex GA4000 PIR insulation boards and, as shown in the photo below, the 100mm boards in the foreground are extremely wrinkled one foil face, particularly when...
13
13

Reducing width of wooden door
I've something like this, it's made of wood, 'm relocating it and could do with taking it down by an inch at each side. I can't see a problem..... Allows light to penetrate through from one space to...
14
14

Price of LED lightbulbs
Today in Morrisons, I bought two B22 GLS 14W 1521 lumens 2700K light bulbs for £6, i.e. £3 each. Is this a record low? I have paid several times that amount in the past.
29
29

Einstein Quotes -- Day 342
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. --Albert Einstein It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. --Albert Einstein Peace cannot be kept by...

Nest
Thinking of getting a Nest G3 learning thermostat. Anyone got any experience of them?
2
2

Re-using an old bath
I've removed an old iron bath. What could I use it for or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip? george
14
14

Micro switch, switch size.
This is the lock switch of a DW New World dishwasher. When the door is closed it wont operate, I have identified the problem being that the micro switch isnt being `switched on` due to either the...
25
25

Re: New hot project galleries, daily updates
Yes well if you are going to strip naked in a loft you need it to be heated, surely? Brian

How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8
Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help me. I am 48 and a mobility scooter user due to Spina bifida. My problem is that I would like to stop the scooter from making the beeping noise when I am...
33
33

The North channel ....
There is a term I've not heard for many many years. I don't think many people will know what you mean. If you know the real word, by use an obscure one? Brian
8
8