Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it?
What is it? Wooden base weighs 13 oz., with brass attachment, 17 tooth gear at one end and ivory ship's wheel missing some parts at other end. Antique?...
3
3

Drill Press Laser Repairable ?
I have a Wixey drill press laser, just a year old, which has just stopped functioning. Is it likely to be anything simple. Would it be repaotable ?
12
12

OT. Old photos of USA
2
2

Smart meters (again)
SMETS1 meters supposed to regain full functionality "from May 2019" Article was originally visible, but now seems to have disappeared behind a paywall, cached link <>Meanwhile smart DCC seems to be...

Chinese goods are getting worse
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-Single-opening-euro-profile-brass-lock-cylinder-with-knob-stain-nickel-3-key/163493149687?hash=item2610f37bf7:g:AqQAAOSwEGBcQYTm...
3
3

OT - Post Office pricing - driving me up the wall!
Back in the day postage stamps used to have a value printed on them and you could then check the cost of postage and (if you could do sums) select the correct stamps to make up the required value. A...
16
16

Part P inspection via BCO
Just FYI... Second time I've done this. First time, about 12 years ago, they turned for first fix and said "wires are nice and straight, don't bother getting us back till you're all done", and then...
20
20

RS items Frequently bought together
I was ordering some MC3008 's and RS think drill bits are frequently ordered with them, Weird. anyone else noticed any strange bought together items. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your...
20
20

suitable material for replacement handle for a turner
I have a slotted turner (cookery) with a thin stainless steel blade, which I really like, but the handle is made of a plastic that bubbles and swells if you rest it on the side of the pan (or get it...
23
23

Popular This week
Download: 'UPLOAD SUBTITLE' ( . Sheena Gets Extra mp4 Watch 'Martha Vazquez' ( online. Nashville.1x14.[Reparado].HDTV.XviD.[ Streaming 'Rashida Jones' ( . Virus of the Mind The Revolutionary New...
2
2

OT List of companies coming into UK since 2016
mentioned in the MSM. https://britainsfuture.co.uk/joel-rodrigues-the-brexit-business-boom/NOT https://britainsfuture.co.uk/joel-rodrigues-the-brexit-business-boom/NOT
2
2

Belt sander
I know you get what you pay for but how bad can ancient tech nohow be: Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Voche VH113 730 W 76 mm Electric Belt Sander at the best online...
3
3

Taxis and dogs
What matters for the obligations on taxis and PHVs is whether or not the dog is an "assistance dog" for the purposes of the Equality Act as defined there. You'd need to be ready to show the dog had...
56
56

Vaillant thermistor fault
An ideal job for the resistance decade box that I "liberated" during a laboratory clear-out some decades ago. I think I have only used it once since then, but I have always hung on to it just in case....
6
6

OT: Industry news since the 2016 vote
Definitely all doom and gloom. This comes from: Aerospace: ? Boeing announced over £20m of investment in February 2017, and opened its first European manufacturing plant in October 2018 in Sheffield...
3
3