Subject Author Posted Replies

SOT: washing machine
An argument has just occurred between two of my neighbours about one cutting off the water without notification. Said it could cause damage. For tactical reasons I went shopping !!! This got me...
14
14

???
Nearside Headlamp has a product on the lens but not seriously reducing light output (4.1.4 (b)) what is "product"
5
5

firefox
firefox is not working well any longer on all my XP machines what else can I use?
12
12

Cleaning Hob nozzle/pipework with Electrics still connected
I need to get a gas jet off the hob to have a clean out of the nozzle and any debris in the supply pipework. Have been told to disconnect the mains electric as its difficult to blow any debris out the...
5
5

[OT] Time left on old passport when renewing
Time to renew a passport, so I just checked the website, and it appears that when applying for a new UK passport, the time left on the old passport is no longer added to the new one (couple of lines...
63
63

cheap hoose
17
17

The Social Register is a semi-annual publication in the U.S.
The Social Register is a semi-annual publication in the U.S. that indexes the members of American high society. First published in the 1880s by newspaper columnist Louis Keller, it was later acquired...

Rubberised coating removal
We have some Kef speakers (cast alloy construction) that had that silky rubber coating. Needless to say this coating is a ghastly sticky mess. We?re using acetone at present but wondering if there?s a...
20
20

Danger - apprentice at work
I found this sliding patio door lock fitted on the house I've just bought. https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg
14
14

Network access point recommendations please
House is quite large, so had difficulties with Wi-Fi upstairs. 2-3 years ago I ran a Cat cable from the switch to the attic and put one of these there, configured as an access point: worked well until...
10
10

Identify a thread
On my McCulloch chainsaw, the outer casings are held in by screws .... which go into U Spreader Nuts (though I would describe better as push-on 'C Clips' captive nuts) They look like: screws appear to...
8
8

Does anyone have a Pillar Drill for sale?
Hi All, I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts. I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine. If anyone...
16
16

I'm looking for a workbench
Hi All, I'm a stringed musical instrument maker & I'm moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts. I'm looking for a solid, sturdy woodworking/joinery workbench. If anyone knows of anyone getting rid...
8
8

OT Barking mad Macron
https://www.westmonster.com/macron-attacks-brexit-calls-for-more-eu-centralisation/ https://www.westmonster.com/macron-attacks-brexit-calls-for-more-eu-centralisation/

OT Morgan sold off to Italians
Investindustrial to take over one of last remaining British-owned carmakers in April Investindustrial to take over one of last remaining British-owned carmakers in April
17
17