Subject Author Posted Replies

Posting pictures in the wiki
I now post DIY pictures in the wiki (probably more to come). Is it acceptable to post other NG pictures there? I have a couple of photos for Cheers Dave R
3
3

Energy tariff variations around the UK
Exchanging details of energy quotes, with others via another forum, it became obvious that quotes for energy tariffs vary tremendously depending on your postcode, even for the same tariff with the...
28
28

Vodafone
Are putting up all their prices in April. One wonders what justification there is, is it just cos they can under the terms and conditions? I see no great improvement in service. Brian
4
4

Bloody mice! They like chainsaw oil, apparently.
The Florabest chainsaw on a stick was stored outside under cover over winter. Mice have climbed into the box and eaten the small bottle of chainsaw oil and also the plastic reservoir which feeds oil...
9
9

bloody yodel ....
I opened a case on ebait and the seller says yodel delivered the item which they did not ... any point in going back to ebay under their it will be delivered guarantee?
8
8

One for Wodders - Chav phone as a GPS
This passage is hilarious. It shows an 85 year old back seat navigator trying to use a phone as a GPS device with totally predictable results! Bloody useless.
5
5

Roofing felt questions.
Hi all, My old 8x4 shed / mini workshop (18th birthday present) is still in Mums back garden and a few years back a mate (with me helping) replaced the (flat / sloping, whatever that's called) stock...
14
14

Amazon Firestick question.
I have an Amazon Firestick (Software version Fire OS 5.2.6.9 (632552020)) connected to a Samsung TV model UE42F5000AKXXU, and powered from a mains plug with 5V USB output (powering it from the TV USB...
8
8

Mad Dyson question
Do both the DC4 and the V8 allow you to adjust the ride height?
17
17

Re: ba bru
Barrs have mucked up big-time with the new low/no sugar formula so are bunging a few notes into journalists hip to write this kind of free advert. French tourists have been stocking up on the soft...
3
3

Non-return valve for shower outlet
We have a problem with a drain smell in our cloakroom, which is fitted with a shower. I realise that it is possible to fit a non-return valve to the outflow, but access would be very difficult. Then I...
14
14

Motorway speed cameras
As it is over three weeks since the yellow camera flashed and no NIP has arrived I assume that they are just there for fun. TBH a different one got me on the way back so that's two cameras in one day.
71
71

OT: LPG PRICES
My contract with Calor will end shortly. The are offering to renew at 68.5p per litre. Flogas are offering to supply at 35p per litre plus £60 pa standing charge. On the face of it this is a...
24
24

Lamp post cut out
is more wrong with it than there is right with it File:Lampostcutouta.jpg - DIYWiki File:Lampostcutouta.jpg - DIYWiki File:Lampostcutouta.jpg - DIYWiki
80
80

The impossible trinity (also known as the trilemma) is a concept ...
The impossible trinity (also known as the trilemma) is a concept in international economics which states that it is impossible to have all three of the following at the same time: 1. a fixed foreign...