Subject Author Posted Replies

Outdoor cameras to mastic or not
Hi all I am fitting some outdoor CCTV cameras. Was wondering whether I should mastic the bracket on to the wall as well as screw it to seal it? Or. Should I screw it on and then mastic around the...
14
14

A fence tale.
Fence at the end of the garden fell down. Not during high winds, of which we've had plenty, so not quite sure why. Was replaced perhaps 20 years ago. Quick glance showed the posts which had broken to...
1
1

DraftSight No Longer Free
Hi Guys Not sure how many users I have recommended this software to, but unfortunately DraftSight will be a paid for app from later this year. No way am I complaining, I was amazed to find such a...
6
6

Using DIY prefix
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to...
28
28

chainsaw oiler
I have a suspicion that my oiler for my chainsaw isn?t delivering enough oil. It does use chain oil, but just not much. Holding the chainsaw over a piece of newspaper and revving the engine (as...
8
8

OT Wing suit diver meets his maker.
9
9

One mention of grolights and the NG infection
and then NG infection
1
1

90degree shelf brackets wanted.
Any one know of a supplier of shelf brackets similar to these ones from Screwfix that are actually 90 degrees or a smidgen over if the maker has allowed for some load? Screwfix ones would be ideal...
6
6

pendrive knackererd?
I pulled a pendrive out of our Humax Freesat box, rolled my eyes as usual at the remove safely error popup. Plugged it into laptop (Ubuntu) though, heard the usual noise as if it had been recognised...
4
4

Boarded wall, skim or just lining paper?
I've just boarded a wall with straight edge board, it is a pretty tidy job, all the joins look OK. Original plan was to have it skimmed but i'm thinking of merely lining paper it. Laregely because I...
4
4

Re: Monitor fecking two computers?...is it possible?...
Run a program like: check the resolutions / frequencies the monitor works with. In Windows safe mode it should revert to VGA 640x480x60Hz and all monitors should cope with this.
2
2

Unique hwt situation
Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent. Changed upper and lower elements. No change. Changed upper and lower thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed water heaters. No...
12
12

OT Skip diving on BBC1
Just watching a lady called Sarah scavenging at a recycling centre, currently showing on BBC1. She went off with a load of 15mm copper piping that came out of a kitchen refurb. I'm surprised the...
3
3

Well that's going to end up with an arrest or a fire
Nice to have an expert on board. What varieties do you recommend? Bill
16
16

OTish. LG TV, iPlayer "crash"
We are quite happy with our 5 year old 47" LG "smart" TV. Mainly using Amazon/iPlayer and YouTube smart features. Started watching "Frankie Boyles New World Order" on iPlayer last night. Got a couple...
7
7