Subject Author Posted Replies

Hairline crack
What is the easiest way to seal with a hairline crack in the overskim of a plasterbaord covered wall. Do I need to rake it out or can I apply something that will penetrate and fill it (Creeping Crack...
31
31

Spare tyres and maximum speed limits
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it. So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on it when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The...
112
112

Wooden fence repair issue
Some ten years ago i lashed out on wooden fence. Although the upright panes have weather well (something like a cedar wood i guess) the horizontal rails (25 x 40 mm cross section ) are completely...
8
8

Belgium CH Boilers
A slightly frivolous question. I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which has always perplexed me is...
13
13

OT: Garden/Wildlife/Time lapse cameras
As per subject. I am looking to buy one of those external cameras that can be set up near a bird feeder, or used in timelapse or movement mode to monitor movements around the outside of the house....
9
9

Charging a sick power bank
Hi, I have a power bank (branded Power Bank). It used to charge via a surface mount micro USB, but that is now surface unmounted. I?ve opened the unit up (but not got my DMM on it yet. It consists of...
5
5

Re: OT Gaming of petitions - the official response
She's doing a great job of making them unelectable. Governments are about power & taking your money. They achieve acceptance of that with propaganda. It is simply immature to trust what they say.
2
2

Re: OT Gaming of petitions - the official response
As was covered in the earlier thread. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories about the petition. OTOH the text you quote from the GDS is a classic of its kind. It does not mean they detect and...
51
51

Tip permit!
Rocked up at the tip yesterday, with a few big pieces of plasterboard and a couple of croc tubs of shite only to be turned away because i've no permit. Apparently since Feb you've to apply to the...
23
23

OT: Who's on First?
I received a call from D&G, with whom I used to have a (free) warranty extension, which is about to expire. They called me by my correct name. I was then asked to quote my address, to which I asked...
15
15

Overload protection
I am confused about this. I have a 2kW heater wired in to a timer. I want to add a frost protection thermostat, which will (obviously) have to get its live supply before the (fused, isolateble) timer....
22
22

Re: Dribbling through flush valve
Well at least it dribbles safely, My old toilet if it leaks has its overflow right over the top of the door into the garden. Brian
1
1

Old Wood Can Cost More Than New Lumber. People Want It Anyway.
Wood has been reused for construction since time immemorial so why a yank feels a need to tell us in a UK newsgroup when some of our reused timber was already well into its second use before the US...
7
7

connecting coaxial inside a wall plate for TV
On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 19:40:29 +0100, Terry Casey snipped-for-privacy@example. +1 Cheers, T i m
32
32

MK MCBs
Our current CU is an MK and wired as per original 17th amendment. I am replacing it as I need extra ways as well as installing a garage CU. Do the existing RCDs and MCBs fit the new metal CUs, I am...
3
3