Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: bloody dishwasher design
Throw the cover away? Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch. It's a bit of a faff to load but does mean that the whole of the bottom layer is dedicated to plates etc.
19
19

Hall Marks
Hi All, I have a prayer book which has a silver cross on the front which I believe belonged to my grandma (whose name was Hall 11::^*>>)) I?ve uploaded the hallmark here anyone tell me what they...
8
8

DPD again.
But good this time. Ish. Bought an electronic item new off Ebay from a German company last Friday. They provided a tracking number for DPD on 'my Ebay' and an estimated delivery date of 25th April -...
16
16

remote control for 3 phase machine
Any reommendations ?
9
9

Router broadband settings?
Got a new (to me ) router, as recommended on here got a Draytek 2860, hoping for a much better experience. I spent 36 mins on hold at Clearbusiness though, to get the account settings to put in it,...
9
9

Polishing blemishes out of spectacle lenses
The prescription specs which I use for computer-based activities have a scuff mark about the size a finger-print from a little finger on one of the (plastic) lenses. Whilst I could buy a new lens for...
24
24

Mono Stereo
Pass Not very. On FM, yes.
71
71

Notre Dame
The cathedral has flying buttresses, presumably to take the outward forces from the roof tending to push out the walls. With the roof gone - why aren't the buttresses pushing the walls inwards?
34
34

PVC door wont open / unlock
Its a door that is rarely used so not urgent. Tried to unlock it and key would only turn about a quarter then jam. tried all sorts of jiggling and a bit of force....no joy. Next I tried snapping the...
31
31

Strong insulating (electrical) sheet material.
I need to find a substitute for aluminium plate which doesn't conduct electricity. Thin ply would probably be strong enough, but would prefer something a bit easier to work, and the fixing holes would...
18
18

"Silver soldering" aluminium
Anyone used these? tried something similar a few years ago and didn't find it easy to get a good result (and I am pretty experienced with silver soldering on steel, copper, and copper alloys). That...
6
6

Dyson shocking - minor electric shock by touching the LEDs
I have a Dyson V8 cordless vacuum cleaner. I have noticed I get a very minor electric shock by touching the LEDs when in use. How can this be?
20
20

Adding a PSU to a turntable
Hi All, As some of you are aware, I have an old Sony Midi system complete with turntables. In recent years, the only thing I?ve used the main boxy bit for, is to provide 12V to drive the turntable....
21
21

Compression fitting tightness on plastic pipe?
When using compression fittings on copper pipe I've always hand-tightened plus half a turn. I think it was just a rule of thumb taught to me by my Dad. I was wondering, however, how tight I should...
12
12

Proper DIY
She severed her hand with a circular saw to collect €400,000 in compensation, Slovenian police say. She severed her hand with a circular saw to collect €400,000 in compensation, Slovenian police...
4
4