Subject Author Posted Replies

Thunderbird acting like a cat
Unable to connect to your IMAP server You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this server etc Suggestions?
9
9

Can a stud wall ever be load-bearing?
I doubt it, but I want to saw a big hole in one, so I need to ask. Our stairs go up the middle of the house, at 90 degrees to all the beams. There is a breeze block wall on one side, and a stud wall...
18
18

Fused connection unit question
I've uploaded a picture of a fused connection unit. Would the team like to take a guess what it's used for? http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/thumb/9/95/Crabtree4106FCU.JPG/564px-Crabtree4106FCU.JPG...
34
34

OT: DVLA
Anyone here had experience of renewing their driving licence after age 70? I'm just doing that (did it online), but ticked the box about eyesight as, in a year or two, I will need to get my eyes done...
103
103

Diy Roofer needed.
Apply Houses of Parliament. grin. Brian
5
5

Measure twice
Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening prior to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's...
8
8

Nearly had a bit of a flood
I got a plumber to do this job and now I'm very glad I did. Replacing the ballvalve on a 'fortic' cylinder which had to come out of the cupboard to get access. Drained the cylinder using the gate...
1
1

Battery charger go bang!
Several years ago I bought a Tronic charger from Lidl. After about 34 months it packed up and Lidl sent me a new one - well done Lidl. This second one went bang and emitted the smell of burning...
9
9

Re: DIY surgery ...
Permanent? Not likely. Pushing that lump back through the weak bit of the abdominal wall, doesn't cure the weakness.
10
10

CO2 "magic bullet"
Well, it's a "magic bullet" according to the BBC <> sounds like an industrial version of the schoolboy experiment turning limewater milky to me ... How much energy does it take to bake all the...
27
27

Lounge with no windows
I have just been nosing a planning approval for a local house, which is to have a first floor bedroom added and a dining room. The dining room is to be added at the back, to what was the French...
19
19

Fluidmaster soft fill Q.
Having dissembled and resembled the soft-fill valve that was leaking (seems to work, touch wood) I noticed that in addition to the actual inlet valve, there appears to be another valvey-type fitting...
1
1

OT: How to game a petition part II
Same as my sytem exceptt they wrote a script and used a network of proxy servers to anonymise IP source addresses. 72,000 over a weekend. will remoaners wake up to the fact that it's big money and...
55
55

Sagecom 2704n
Our village hall cctv used to be viewable over the internet but our treasurer signed us up to a new deal with Plusnet who sent us a replacement router and now the remote access has been lost. Asking...
10
10

Speeding fine avoided
I received a letter from West Yorks plod today which stated that I was clocked at 61mph in a 50mph zone on the M606 the other day. I sent it back with my wife's name on it! Not me, guv.
41
41