Subject Author Posted Replies

RCD discrimination - 10mA?
I've had to connect an external pump controller (for a well) to a house circuit that's on a 30mA RCD. I'd prefer to have some discrimination but don't want a delayed RCD on the house circuit, any...
11
11

how come?
when a brother asks other brothers to do his bidding do they end up paying damages or worse dead?......
3
3

Can you add internal movement sensors to bulkhead lamps?
Hi, My new abode is in a block of flats that has interior lighting provided by (60) bulkhead lamps which are mostly on 24-7 (with some controlled by light sensors so as only on when it is dark) I have...
18
18

Vaillant VCW 242 - Can I preheat the incoming water
Hi all. I have done several adaptions to my boiler including supplementing the central heating with a hot pre feed so my boiler runs 100% on the external source via a plate heat exchanger. This has...
7
7

Mattress/bed
I have here a rather nice old Dutch bed. Unfortunately, it seems to be intended for a mattress of 115 cm width - the exact width available for the mattress is 115.5 cm - I presume that such a thing...
17
17

Re: right of way at a mini roundabout
Looks like that's the case now. I've been looking at street view in the town that I remember and priority looks "conventional" now. Oddly though, on street view, Google have blurred out the "Priority...
6
6

OT: Yet another broken Freedom Pass - help!
Yet another broken Freedom Pass - help! Obviously it's my fault as I keep my cards in my back pocket, but there's really nowhere else to put them. The latest pass has just died after less than a year...
7
7

Stone houses.
Thinking of moving to west Cornwall. I'm used to old brick built houses here, but there they're mainly old stone houses. We'd be looking at a terrace to start until we can sell here. One we saw had a...
72
72

OT:Goodmans
Seen today on a shelf in shop, although it seems they're quite popular at least according to Google. All proud owners and former owners of highly regarded Goodmans speakers and hi-fi (as founded in...
98
98

The Earth Is Just as Alive as You Are
The Earth Is Just as Alive as You Are Scientists once ridiculed the idea of a living planet. Not anymore. By Ferris Jabr, April 20, 2019, NY Times Every year the nearly 400 billion trees in the Amazon...
4
4

Another credit card problem.
Today I wanted to login to my credit card web interface to check the balance. I found that the logon procedure has changed. I now have to enter my surname followed by an ID number which did not work....
104
104

Are my meters SMETS2
I have just taken over a flat with smart meters fitted. How can I tell if these are smets2 type and will continue to be smart if I move supplier The Gas meter is ELSTER Themis model BK-G4E The...
7
7

A small hardboard escutcheon ...
will conceal where the power drill went out the side of the door when I was mortissing in a new latch barrel. And drilled the spindle hole in on the bottom line of the latch instead of the centre...
10
10

OT Excellent BBQ weather
Just don't try it at Geoff's from CETLtd when you are both pissed up
2
2

Repairing 3 way valve
Honeywell 3 way valve for plan Y. It's shaft was very stiff, I've freed it by waggling but need to disassemble & replace the rubber seal otherwise the problem will just recur. This is the plate...
7
7