Subject Author Posted Replies

When will I learn......
When will I learn to discard the "made from cheese" fixing screws that come with an item and use something much better from my existing boxes and trays of screws? :(
6
6

Cutters problem
Yup, it's actually diy. The sensible answer is chuck em, but I'm curious about other options. Small wire cutters, the handles close fully but the cutter area isn't fully closed, it needs to rotate a...
10
10

Cheapish 'trail' camera
I want to set up a movement-triggered camera to overlook a back yard and gate. It doesn't have to be GoPro quality as it'll be inside on the windowsill (will it work through glass?). Don't want it to...
17
17

Ping bill
TV signal strength issues. In a river valley midway between CP and Sandy! Signal 100%, Quality 100% except for UHF channel 35 (586000kHz) which has 92% and quality anything from 10 to 100%....
41
41

Hello, Virgin Money 07398509640 SMS
LOL!
2
2

bloody computers
lost my task bar and vol control etc what do I do ? ....
38
38

They're at it again ! Energy deals.
Just got an email breathlessly wittering on about "fixed rate energy deals". Why it's almost as if I'm expected not to know how that went titsup for millions of people a year ago.
12
12

Decking/ Patio options
Hi All, I have been looking at options to finish our patio off - at the moment it is a concrete slab - around 60mm below finished floor so would need to be uilt up for some options. I like the option...
3
3

TOT Pollution
With the environmentalists warning that all are seas and oceans are becoming more polluted should so many of the major food companies be putting SEA SALT on, and in, what we eat?
16
16

Trivial annoyance
I have a brother DCP-L3510CDW colour laser printer. From Gimp I always print via gutenprint. It works very well but when I select it I get a dropdown with over thirty rows saying unable to locate the...
12
12

Drill hit a cable
Hi all, A friend was putting up a curtain rail and hit a cable when drilling the hole. Lights went off and when he reset the trip switch everything was back on. I assume the drill shorted the cable...
32
32

FireFox and home server
Does anyone have a "fix" for creating an I.P. address or site/url exemption for firefox (and Brave etc) with regards to bypassing the "not secure, you are NOT going there" browser message Error code:...
13
13

OT: another random Windows question
Does anyone know why, when you sort the icons on the Desktop by name, Windows 10/11 puts them into two separate alphabetical lists?
13
13

Kitchen Extractor Blowing into Neighbours Kitchen
A friend has a neighbours kitchen extractor fan blowing his cooking smells directly in his own open kitchen window few metres away. This was set up some years ago and he did not pay much attention at...
6
6

Fluorescent Tube Ban Sept 2023
Just been to to TLC to purchase some comfort components, and noticed a poster saying Fluorescent Tubes will be banned from Sept 2023. Presumably the sale, but after Googling there's suggestions that...
83
83