Subject Author Posted Replies

Circles on water damaged monitor?
I'm interested as to how this happened: formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat "scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I can't believe the "water" physically...
45
45

OT Only three road sweepers out this morning at 5.30
Set off at 5.30am and drove 5 miles down the Tour de Yorkshire route into Barnsley town centre to drop the gf off for work. Only three? Doncaster had five out yesterday morning when I went to work.
2
2

Kitchen units advice please
Not for the kitchen but for the home office (or junk room). It does look pretty straightforward; a straight run of work surface roughly 2,400 mm across the room with two pan drawer units under, one at...
20
20

Wire-brushing a shed - tool for the job?
Wow -- such a consensus, and so quickly! Of Course! Power washer! I never thought of that, even though I've used mine for stripping my own garden seat, and (using the special revolving jet thingy) for...
10
10

When did this earthing last meet standards?
Looking round a house (with a kitchen refit done in 2013 and a boiler in 2010...) and came across some bare wire earths Undersized bonding | jbb1003 | Flickr Undersized bonding | jbb1003 | Flickr...
22
22

Recommanded gloss paint for handrails
I haven't done any gloss painting since the demise of the high volatile paints. What would be the recommended gloss paint nowadays for banisters and handrails which are going to get a lot of wear, and...
19
19

Useless Phone Scammer
"ring ring" (answer) "Hello" "Hi, my name's Alex and I'm calling from BT" me (sceptical) "Yeeees" "We are doing some work on your internet and have moved you from channel 853 to channel 629" (thinks...
24
24

Another Lidl goodie.
For those who don't look out for their offers, another goodie. A Li-Ion work light - like a small floodlight. Much more useful than a torch as it gives an excellent spread of light. 8.5w LED and a 5.2...
11
11

Heating engineer in the Leeds area - recommendation?
Can anyone recommend a heating engineer in the Leeds area? Follow on to various CH questions. Cheers Dave R
3
3

Todays 5Live 'Wake up to money'. Guest says old leccy heaters are not 100% efficient
Indeed. His name was Alex and is, or was an adviser to the dept of climate change. he was spouting the usual impossible nonsense that we need to stop heating houses...
43
43

To tank or not to tank
Hi All I am fitting a shower at the weekend in a new bathroom. There is a shower tray and one side the wall is an external plastered/ rendered and the other is a stud wall with hardieback boards on...
6
6

Re: glass
i understood that glass is effectively a liquid, therefor over time it flows to the bottom making it thicker.
41
41

Gas meter ventilation
I am getting a quote for new gas supply and the quote says "You are to ensure that the meter position is naturally ventilated to the outside atmosphere to comply with BS6400. If upon commencement of...
14
14

Is Google off line?
Anyone want to try and see if it works for them in the next 2 minutes and post back?
6
6

Exchanging 3 way valve, valve?
Hi, A while back I asked about a motorised 3 way ch/hw valve that was giving the symptoms of allowing ch when hw was called for. I got the chance to test the valve from cold yesterday. Removed the...
14
14