Subject Author Posted Replies

washing machine sealed drum bearings
My Hotpoint WMUD 962 washing machine needs new bearings and it apparently has a welded outer drum (I've not checked). Apparently the bearing can be changed with a little bit of skill if you drill...
18
18

OT: Any dumpster divers out there? Burnt goat heads coming your way soon.
No longer will you have to sift through dustbins to feed the family, just pick up a pack of nourishing burnt goat heads from your local Sainsburys, you'll find them next to the cacinogenic chicken...

Kew hobby 80-1 pulsing
Hiya guy's I'm looking for a little help my power washer I was using it and turned it off for 5 mins and when I turned it on its started pulsing on full pressure but fine on low cany any one give me...
5
5

Key operated outside water tap
My local hall has an outside tap. To avoid massive water bills through the local miscreants turning it and leaving it running all night/weekend we have taken to turning off a valve inside the...
28
28

Best and cheapest way to make woodshed base.
I am thinking over the pros and cons of concrete versus concrete slabs on mortar. The sub base is loose gravel over MOT type 1 thats been down 16 years. I can use the loose gravel to make concrete...
29
29

Best way to install shower tray
Hi We have bought a low profile solid shower tray. The bottom is completely flat. Our other one had ridges and I installed successfully using mastic to stick it to the flat ply floor. I used the same...
8
8

freezer thermometer with remote access
Am looking for a freezer thermometer that can be read (& receive alerts?) remotely. My sister has a freezer in a weekend cottage with a load of food in it, and it would be a shame to loose it. There...
4
4

touch sensitive lamp
Yes, I've checked all the obvious stuff. My question about it being repairable could have been stated better. I don't know how these touch sensitive lamps work so I'm assuming there is some internal...
13
13

Blowtorch sputtering
I've been using a late relative's spare blowtorch that he left at my house ~20 years ago. It consists of an orange tank with a valve, a rubber hose maybe 2 m long, and a handle/outlet with a valve, &...
7
7

Duplux scanning solutions ..
On Wed, 22 May 2019 10:50:38 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
11
11

logitek squeezbox
I don't think you can, certainly not on the models without built-in speakers. No need, that would be a feature of the amp you connected it to. If those with speakers don't have the controls I don't...
3
3

OT: Employees and the snowflake generation
This got me thinking about my own early working experiences and how things are different now. Better? Took an apprentice on, hes frankly not developing after 8 months. Been as patient as humanly...
148
148

Oil level sensor.
Old car has a low oil level sensor, which has never really worked properly. And spares for it NLA. It has a probe in the sump about 2" long, which merely screws in. Doesn't tell you the oil level as...
24
24

Reproducing grain.
Have a speaker cabinet which has a satin black finish. From the factory. It's obvious by the odd scratch that it is actually simply painted teak veneered plywood, as the majority of the same speakers...
2
2

Floating patio experience
Hi all, I happened to be in Topps Tiles the other week and they had a new range of porcelain tiles 20mm thick which you can use as patio slabs. The interesting thing was that you could buy plastic...
1
1