Subject Author Posted Replies

Win7 update.
I have two computers which share many facilities. The one I'm using for this is a RISC OS one - the other a Win7 PC. Via a RISC OS prog, they share things like a printer and scanner. And allow...
1
1

Charger Reqd
I need a charging pod for my Challenge Xtreme 24v drill, my charger no longer works and everything else? is like new condition. Anyone have one please
1
1

Plasterboard for behind electric fire
I am putting in a new (eBay) fireplace wooden surround and will need a panel of some sort to cover the mess that was originally there (wallpaper with bits missing, and a hole for a gas fire flue). Can...
4
4

Old Silver Plate
I have a couple of silver plated brass goblets that need re-plating. We don't really want them - do any people replate such items for their own pleasure - or to sell? Bin or Ebay?
8
8

A warm glow :-)
Having just had to fit a new tube motor to my garage's roller shutter door, then finally got around to tidying up its control unit box which has sat with it's PCB dangling out for years - I took a...
18
18

Is there a law of disapearing chuck keys?
Over the years I've lost about 10 chuck keys for my drill, and yet I'm so careful to keep them with the drill. I swear there is some force in the universe that makes them vanish when you really want...
14
14

Long[ish], large bore shower hoses, why not?
I can find lots of large bore (11mm or 12mm) shower hoses, I can find lots of 'long' (2.5 or 3 metre) shower hoses, but I can't find any long large bore shower hoses. I'd have thought if you have a...
16
16

Problem finding architect for extension project
Hello We are planning to build a two storey extension to our newly purchased small detached 1956 built house near the centre of Basingstoke. The house will require some re-modelling inside. Several of...
10
10

Beware compostable pedal-bin liners
I have a 10-litre pedal bin in the kitchen for kitchen waste - food scraps, meat and veg trimmings, some food wrappers, etc. As I live on my own now, it takes a little while to fill it to a point...
74
74

"generator style plugs both ends"
Thought this was questionable before I saw the photos. Then I knew it was dodgy. reviews don't apply to that item, but "As a plus my 4 yr old grandson uses it as a extending hose pipe when he's...
13
13

One for Bill Wright - Emley Moor Masts
photo of Emley Moors twin masts from as close as you can get you them for those that cannot see it. I just happened to be passing on my way home from looking at a job and I am sure others will...
17
17

Under Floor Ventilation
I'm looking to improve the ventilation to a suspended timber floor with some new vents - they'll open to an outside path that has built up over the years to near internal floor level. I see there's...
11
11

Low NE reading lighting circuit on an EICR
Only posting to point out the point of testing and keeping proper records for additions to electrical circuits. Today's first job was to sort the low ME reading. A work colleague had already...
3
3

Outdoor wood paint for barge boards – recommendati ons please
Need to paint the barge boards on the roof of the house, which type / brand of paint is suggested? Wood is currently painted a brown colour and is starting to flake off. TIA Arthur
3
3

Sorting rust
Hi all I have an old trailer which has a fair amount of surface rust on the chassis where the original paint has come off. I have it propped against a wall now so thought I might as well have a go at...
12
12