Subject Author Posted Replies

Microsoft Office on W7 64 bit and W8.1 64 bit - Xpost
Last week spent some time removing bits of Office 2003, 2007, 2010 and working 2013 from four Windows 7 PCs. In order to do a clean (as reasonably practical) install of Office 2016 (365). No issues....
10
10

Venetian blinds - angled up or down?
Which way is it more efficient to angle the slats of venetian blinds to keep a room cool: * downwards, so that warm air behind them stays there instead of being drawn into the room (but sunlight...
8
8

OT: New washer/dryer
Hi Daughter has a 3rd floor appartment (probably not relevant) and in her kitchen she has a built-in washer/dryer (with a cupboard door over the front). The dryer part has never really worked - it...
43
43

swa cleat spacing
Hi all, I'm finally running the cable to the garage. What is the spacing for SWA cleats clipped to the side of a wall ? SWA is 10mm x 3 core. Thanks, Simon.
31
31

Static electricity monitor for blind.
Hi does anyone produce a probe that can detect rising electrostatic charge, say on a person. I have a friend who you can hear crackle when they use my vacuum cleaner. I do not have this trouble, but...
11
11

fixing cables to various surfaces.
Just a bit of info here, regarding the fixing of cables to various surfaces. It is possible to use a No 4 self tapper in place of the nail in a normal cable clip. Maybe not the little clips that have...
1
1

DIY NAS. RPi4B?
Hi all, I've been running OMV on a RPi2B with a 3TB external 2.5" drive (powered by the RPi) for some time now and whilst I'm still not fully conversant with the OMV software, I do seem to be able to...
44
44

Hot tub? Anyone got one?
Stayed in a couple of holiday lets recently that had hot tubs. I didn't think i'd be into it but love it. Toying with the idea of getting one but I doubt we will but just wondered if others have and...
17
17

tarpaulin
does anybody here call a tarpaulin a hap ? ...having an argument about it
16
16

Cat5e RJ45 wall socket wiring - aacurate picture?
It is a while since I wired up an Ethernet wall socket. For belt and braces, I decided to check the wiring colours on the Internet and on the back of the socket. Wiring colours for T-568A and T-568B...
13
13

DVD copying.
Copying a non protected one you've made yourself etc. Like say a wedding video or other home movie, which plays OK on any DVD player. I've got 2 DVD drives on a Win7 PC. If I open up the DVD and copy...
21
21

Behaviours, etc.
The seminal groundwork by (William) Grey Walter at the Burden Institute ("The Living Brain"*****) suggests that the origin of behaviour is an alpha wave oscillator that regularly pulses the feedback...
5
5

Altering the pressure setting on Mire Excel B
according to the instructions One simply uses the tool to change it. However I cannot gt it to move, on either the replacement of either the new one or the old one. where am i going wrong?

Gtech Airram (Mk2) K9 glitch.
A while back I think I was asking if anyone had experience of the Gtech cordless cleaners with the thought of getting one for Mum (now 89) to allow her to carry on with some basic / light cleaning (as...
8
8

Floor wall tiling
I am about to tile the walls and floor in bathroom. Should the walls (plasterboard) and the `overboarding` on the floor be PVA coated before tiling?
7
7