Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT: Fuggin' Hilarious!
The follow-up comments to that story on their website were the funniest thing about it. ;)

Radiator stand-off
Whilst I?m in the process of fitting a new radiator, I got to wondering about which way round to fit the wall hanging brackets. They have two orientations that give two different stand-off distances....
3
3

Building a wall
And because the Mexicans aren't paying for it, I'm looking for something adequate (and which meets any regs) but not over-engineered. It'll be an outside wall, no windows, and from the outside in: One...
36
36

Banana experiment
I read somewhere, that if the stalk of a banana is covered over with cling film, they will ripen more slowly. So I have just tested the theory. Six bananas in a bunch, split them up and cover the...
8
8

OT Forced new smart meters
Hi All We have had a letter from EON our energy supplier (although not sure whether electric or gas as can't recall) to say that by law they have to change our existing old fashioned meters with a...
139
139

Sudden whiff from 1/2 bowl centre sink ?
For the past couple of weeks, every morning there has been a "drainy" whiff in the kitchen. We have sink with a main bowl and a smaller centre bowl. Careful inspection revealed that the outlet from...
15
15

In line puch down Krone coupler for Cat5E - any "gotchas"?
I'm planning to move the main router across the room to a new location. The obvious options are a patch cable round the skirting board from the current wall socket or extending the Cat5E wiring under...
33
33

Re: rotating sills
fairly common in timber framed houses with brick outer leaf. Inner timber frame shrinks a bit as it dries, outer skin of bricks expands a little. There should be a gap under the window sill, and the...
1
1

One up for the EU :-)
Lost interest in the UK job. Not happy with the waste and hanging around. Over the last year since redundancy at my last UK company I did a project in the EU, spent a year in the UK doing what I would...
18
18

Water meter & excessive bill
From a local FB group.... When Jane (name changed to protect the innocent)and I moved into Church House 3 ish years ago we found we were paying a huge 1/4 bill for water, we are on a meter. Having...
20
20

Suppose that you had diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, & depression...
...How many years of that condition would you like to endure? As many as you could get?
21
21

Suppose that you had Alzheimer's...
...How many years of that condition would you like to endure? As many as you could get?
21
21

Radiator - aluminium
Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of aluminium. Any snags? I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.
3
3

What's a "nutter proof" wall?
Stud wall - DIYWiki Stud wall - DIYWiki
3
3

Crabtree Starbreaker CU
I've got one of these. Really can't remember when I installed it. It's split load and conformed to the then regs, if that helps. I'd guess at mid 90s. I have a separate radial for the AV equipment,...
22
22