Subject Author Posted Replies

Falling GPS in car alarm
I have a Garmin Nuvicam in my car which is attached to the windscreen with a sucker. On very hot and sunny days, the sucker dries out and the GPS falls into the car setting off the alarm. Does anyone...
12
12

Amazon - deep down are they rip-off merchants?
Been a regular customer of Amaxon for a couple of years and paying extra for their next day free postage prime service. But why do the costs of items under prime seem to exceed the cost when not prime...
44
44

True entertainment and the Sudbury transitter.
Two stations - True entertainment and True Movies allegedly moved channels on the muxes. One says 'rescan now', and the other simply doesn't work. After rescanning Wots up? Whereas Movies4men HAS...
30
30

Shower tray seal recs please
I need to get something better than the £ Land silicone, which is leaking within 18 months of application. Q1. Is there a sealant out there that the pro's use to stop leaks between the wall and...
7
7

For #Paul
Dr. Patrick Michaels, director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute, provides insight into the debate over climate change and the political games played to create policy. FOX...

Drooping Ceiling Paper
Hi, During the warmer humid weather we get during the summer months, I find the embossed ceiling paper in the lounge and bedrooms tends to sag a bit in places. It won't be much longer before a strip...
12
12

On Topic 2
first attempt did not seem to work on eternal-september. If it did, I can't see it. No wonder the fire service were shocked. Watch to the end. Видео о том, как из обычного...
7
7

Small cordless screwdriver for electrical device screws
Having watched the electrician wire up our house extension and use a small electric screwdriver to whiz small screws in and out, I bought a cheap Workzone one which did me fine. However after 4 years...
11
11

DIY question?
Should Ikea be selling these ? You can fit a plug up side down to open the shutters so its easy for kids to poke stuff inside the live. I though it was illegal but maybe the law has changed?
33
33

Dry lining boxes in the floorboards
Following advice I am mounting (or trying to) single 13 amp sockets with a flip lid into the floorboards. I ordered Appleby dry lining boxes from Screwfix. <>After a major struggle I managed to get...
13
13

On topic
a different life I was in the trade and could not work out what he was doing. Handy lad with all the gear. Watch to the end. I'm not surprised the fire service do not approve.
4
4

Turdis
Hi All, Pump out type toilets that are used at festivals etc. Do they have a separate tank of flush water with blue in it? Or does the liquid get filtered and recirculate? I?d always assumed the...
7
7

OT: Deal or No deal
Scraped off the internet somewhere.... "No-deal Armageddon has finally struck. But thanks to our wise prime minister, who secured an extension till October, it didn?t strike in the UK. At least, not...
2
2

Clutch failure?
Ah, the benefits of electric cars!!
73
73

Removing a broken screw
Had half an 80 mm screw (5mm diameter) break off level with the surface of mortar between bricks yesterday. It was held in by a plastic wallplug. Having wondered about using a screw remover, drilling...
3
3