Subject Author Posted Replies

Fire escape ladders/ropes/descenders/ ...
As part of the re-furb we're starting to think about how to escape a fire if the staircase is impassable. We plan to stay here until age and decrepitude means we have to move, so the system needs to...
87
87

OT Patient Access (again)
According to my Doctor I should be able to see my test results online "automatically" According to PA access to medical records, of which test results is subset, have to be specifically activated by...
47
47

Boiler condensate to soakaway
A neighbour has just had a new condensing boiler fitted. What looks like the condensate drain is tapped into a rainwater downpipe, which I'm almost certain goes to a soakaway, because ours does. Is...
27
27

Kitchen cabinet hinge question
Would a hinge repair kit solve your problem? e.g. Ideal for fixing new doors to an existing carcass. Set includes: 2 x mounting plates (55 x 44 x 11mm) and 4 x screws. For use with hinge mounting...
14
14

Fair Fuel UK ios app
I have downloaded an app - then tried to sign up with the app, entering my name, then email address twice and trying various attempts at passwords, but no matter what I tried 'Next' was grayed out,...
12
12

MK Essentials
First there was Tesco Value ... then Asda Smartprice ... now Low prices shouldn't mean low quality. The MK Essentials range is perfect for smaller budgets, but with the reliabillity [sic] and...
57
57

tips sought for inflating large yinyl inflatable toys
ooh-er missus. I can't believe I'm asking this here, but never mind... Has anyone got any tips on pumping up the cheap sort of inflatables that come out around this time of year? I threw away our old...
1
1

Weight Restrictions on Lap Joint Pergola
I have a simple square pergola in my backyard. It's made of 6" x 6" beams that are lap jointed. I want to hang 2 swings on each of the two beams. Is there a weight restriction given they have lap...
6
6

Bet they have a Green Energy Company badge...
16GB USB stick that I bought a couple of years ago is refusing to be formatted. First one ever to die on me BTW. Was just about to put it in the bin, when I thought I would see if I could find the...
3
3

Amazon, TV remotes and DIY
Actually, as this is a DIY forum, perhaps one should attempt to tackle a homebrew device to replace all the remote controllers, TV, Freeview PVR, Freesat PVR and Tosh VHS/DVD PVR in one control box?...
17
17

Hearing aids
Have they improved much over the past few yeasr. Quote: They can recognise your favourite restaurant Modern digital hearing aids are self-learning. That means they get to know your preferred settings...
39
39

Venting through roof
I was bemoaning that I don't have a decent wall where I can exhaust a bathroom extractor. - Currently I have a in-line fan venting out just under the eaves. The roof is "pyramid shaped". I would like...
5
5

Fuse Upgrade: how to upgrade the tails from the meter.
I want to upgrade the incoming fuse to 100A ready for switch from gas to electric oven and hob + better electric shower. I know UKPN will do the fuse, and my supplier (EDF) should be able to do the...
12
12

Cutting steel with angle grinder.
What is the best blade to cut steel with a small maybe 4.5" angle grinder.
16
16

Any recommendations for good quality furniture glides?
Downsizing to a small apartment, I'm trying to accommodate my large TV. I'd like to leave it standing on top of a low wide sideboard, but for viewing purposes the sideboard will need to be pulled out...
25
25