Subject Author Posted Replies

Finding poor neutral?
Measuring the L-L and N-N resistance on a ring circuit is giving me 0.7 and 1.1 ohms respectively. Does this point towards a poor/loose neutral connection in the back of a socket somewhere? If so, is...
8
8

Re: That's my Folkboat!
Those diyers will be amused. TW Climate change campaigners use colourful boats to stop traffic and urge the government to "act now".
8
8

OT: scooter throttles
Just saw a bit of video where the rider get knocked off his scooter at some lights because the driver unexpectedly opened his door. He then helps the rider up and holds the right-hand handle-bar to...
14
14

TOT: Helicopters
Two dual-fan (Chinook?) helicopters in formation just flew over my house, M25 postcode. I've never seen that before, is something happening?
32
32

Extending lighting cable inside a stud wall
I would like to move a light switch. This will involve a new (but not lengthy) cable run inside a stud wall, which I can do with no problems, but what's the recommended method of attaching the new...
21
21

Ploink
Well that's several posters added to my filters this week.
14
14

Women
Businesses exist to make money and do not exist for the social-security benefit of the employeees. Whoever dreamed up the idea of maternity pay and the right to return to work after 6 months clearly...

Just through where is your Internet traffic being routed?
GCHQ's National Cyber Security Centre reveals it blocked 200,000 messages lying about a refund.
20
20

DIY: I did some
(probably not fully proof read yet - so don't expect it to make sense!) However any suggestions etc welcome: Large Octagonal garden table - DIYWiki
15
15

another wummin tries to get me...
Some of them can spell though, quite well. grin. To be honest, if you really want the people with death wishes, watch out for anyone on a bike. I strongly believe that if nobody had invented bicycles...
31
31

Consumer Unit move continued - a couple more questions
I'm still 'planning' the move of our consumer unit, I fear it's going to be a bit of a pig to do because the existing CU's wiring is rather inaccessible. Be that as it may, I have a couple of further...
5
5

Imitation Wago parts on toolstation.com
When you search for 'wago', you get a bunch of connectors that look like Wago ones, but none of the pages actually say "Wago". I was going to ask here if anyone knows what they are, but I noticed this...
15
15

question for Rod
what are the Aussie press saying about the cricket result?
3
3

Electrical box for dry lining with a conduit opening on the bottom?
I'm looking for a 1-gang dry-lining box with a circular knockout on the bottom for a conduit fitting. Does such a thing exist? (Most of them have circular knockouts on the back, I know, but that...
6
6

Too much sport on BBC TV?
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to...
22
22