Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about earth rods and desired impedance
I'm new to earth rods so would like a little advice. First, some background. We bought the house a couple of years ago and at that time it was supplied via a 2-wire overhead line from a transformer...
9
9

Doncaster classic car show.
?v=tVBJNC5w2xs Occurred on June 30, 2019 / Doncaster, UK I was attending a local Classic Car and Bike Show at Doncaster school for the deaf which they hold every year. I always like to be there at the...
11
11

OT-ish: Should be interesting
I look after the volts for our Village Hall and we just switched from EDF to npower. I was told that I'd be notified when to go read the meter for the final reading. In the event I didn't get told the...
3
3

BBC diversity ?
Just had an email sent around from the BBC asking if any computer expert who was working here at the time of the Millennium Bug, this is for the One Show. But as they are commited to diversity they...
22
22

My 64 bit Mesh machine switches off after about 10 sec.
Hello all. Can anyone help? My 64 bit Mesh machine (mesh computer nero 9950hd) switches off about 10 sec. after switching on. Can anyone suggest a way forward to identify the cause of this problem......
35
35

Wireless energy monitor recommendations?
Hi all, The recent questions around issues with daughters pre-paid top up key (now resolved thanks) have made me think they might like / appreciate some sort of real-time energy monitor display. I...
14
14

Domestic oven temps ...
I know I could buy a thermometer (I may yet). but JOOI would anyone agree with my suspicion that pretty much all modern ovens don't get anywhere near as hot as the dial claims they do ? Certainly as...
7
7

Cable entry to 'non combustible' consumer units
Moving further on in my consumer unit replacement exercise I have just been looking at my 18th Edition 'On-Site Guide' and it says in section 2.2.6:- (c) The cable installation entry method shall, so...
5
5

Magic Indicator
On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 10:18:54 +0100, Nick Odell snipped-for-privacy@themusicworksh And isn't this the same for nearly every 'group' or small percentage of the population (members of groups or...
35
35

One for Brian
With respects and a lot of admiration for you. Get the latest news, sport and what's on from across Lancashire, updated constantly, from the Lancashire Telegraph.
13
13

Plumber's Snake Oil?
Someone has just asked me about the device sold to stop your water pipes and tanks furring up, which consists of a coil wound around the pipe that is then excited by an oscillator. Personally, I think...
15
15

Re: TOT: a real dilemma
I keep seeing this term and don't know what it means. Off to Google......
1
1

Re: a real dilemma
Well, I suspect if he has been there some time most will have encountered it by now. I used to have a friend with this as well, every so often he would say something very rude about the opposite sex...

Aaaargh!!! Electrical current detectors aren't always - Powerfix. Recommendation for new?
I have a Powerfix IAN30295 KH 3236 multi-function detector with laser. One function is to detect AC Wire. I thought I had checked this out properly with a live and dead stretch of wire, but apparently...
19
19

Really simple Point of Sale ap for Android
Any suggestions for a simple ap for an Android Tablet to help with catering van. Basic help with adding up orders and calculating change.
22
22