Subject Author Posted Replies

cleaning tiled floor
Have a kitchen with a ceramic tiled floor ... this week too out all the kitchen units, in readiness for new kitchen. The difference between tiles under units and those not - is significant. Obviously...
10
10

Soil Stack Boss Identification
Soil stack in the corner of the kitchen. Photos - The rubber washer in the boss has been crushed meaning I can no longer make a good seal. I've tried a couple of other washers but neither are giving a...
8
8

When did the meaning of traffic lights change?
Out and about today. It seems that red means stop, amber get ready and green, what a lovely colour lets admire it. OK let's think about moving, slowly n ow in case it changes again. Frustrating.
48
48

Extending single core.
Typical a job just got bigger Having to fit a 200x90 extract duct through an external wall (Timber fame-cavity-brick) Brickwork cut neat, cut inside dry lining fine ... removed insulation and three...
7
7

A nuisance caller actully got through - Energy Direct Trust
She got through my call blocker by giving a name, the first time ever one has had the gumption to get through. Energy Direct Trust/ Energy Direct. 016117130272 and 01618205970 They see to be genuine...
13
13

Catalytic Converters
My daughter had hers stolen back in March and a good friend has just had his stolen. Some locks are available but they assume the toe-rag is going to unbolt them and not brutally attack the exhaust....
20
20

OT Fuel shortages/yellowhammer????
Does that mean gas/electricity cuts? Well I shall be OK in my passive house plus I have a woodburner stove with hotplate. I have a huge pile of firewood. Might be an idea to stock up with imperishable...
18
18

bloody computers
Jim GM4DHJ ... pretended : One of my desktops has a mixture, some live some not. I don't think it can be configured. The PSU runs even when the PC is shut down, so it can restart start on the button.
14
14

Marking hex bits to make it easier to find the right one - anyone?
Does anyone think it would be useful to mark hex bits somehow to make it easier to find the right one? In particular a way to find the PZ2 that one always wants would be very handy. Is there any sort...
41
41

Talktalk charging for mail to none customers
Any ex-talktalk/tiscali and etc. customers, still receiving mail via their old address, will loose access from the 30/09/2019, unless they sign up to pay £5 per month. I do still get some people...
7
7

I see the BBC reporters don't understand RFID tags.
really should tell them that the normal RFID tags in use are not powered by radio waves. Radio-frequency identification, famously used to bug the US embassy in Moscow, is a cheap way to track objects...
73
73

Re: Audio cassette to mp3
If you have a decent deck, much better. Obviously most pcs still have analogue inputs and outputs via 3.5mm jacks, get a phono to jack adaptor and use a bit of software like Audacity or Goldwave. If...
8
8

Amount of light needed in 1.8 metre square wet room?
Another question about our new shower/wet room. How much light do we need? It has enough daylight so the lighting will only be used when it's dark outside. There will be one (somewhat off centre)...
14
14

'Dual Fuel' towel rails - recommendations and comments wanted
We want to put a 'dual fuel' towel rail in our new shower room. As far as I can see these are just about always a normal hot water CH towel rail with an add-on electric heater (200 watt typically). Is...
9
9

I don't think LED is the answer for this one
Swapping 1000W HQI fittings for 240W LEDs. And any chance it could mess up any filming due to strobe effects?
24
24