Subject Author Posted Replies

Wire coat hanger ---> Kitchen roll holder
How to turn a wire coat hanger into a slightly phallic kitchen roll holder. :) Gallery 1 — Postimages
7
7

Re: group has been killed by cole
Well, I just read when I'm in the mood, takes little time to pass by like an express train after all. Brian

random Huewei calling
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ? .....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people affected so there must be more ...we need to do something...
14
14

OT "Getting Someone in" (Polish builders)
mugs ...Kurva...how stupid can people be ? ....
10
10

OT:Hotpoint factory fire
I wonder if it was one of their fridges or driers that caught fire?
14
14

Fitting shower screen on wall from hell
Hi all I am fitting a shower screen which is essentially a U shaped channel screwwd to the wall and a sheet of glass fitted in it. The tiled wall unfortunately has a big bow in the middle resulting in...
7
7

Connect downpipe to flush mechanism
I don't think this is doable but I said I'd ask. Old flush high level mechanism was replaced with new one, and the new one is crap in comparison, it keeps sticking & I've not found any reason why,...
2
2

Linux / OMV login issue?
My little RPi 2B has been running OpenMediaVault NAS software for quite some time now and using an external (USB2) 4TB laptop drive. It was really only a temporary experiment (into low power network...

Painting pebbledash
Is it actual pebble-dash with pebbles, or 'tyrolean' finish (splatted render)? I don't think the pebbles in pebbledash hold paint well, but painted tyrolean can look quite good, and lasts reasonably...
39
39

OT:Dialling 1471
I just got a spam call which I didn't answer. When phoning 1471 the automated voice gave the number as follows 0 double 1 7 4 5 6 3 double 2 3 (0117 456 3223) If a person is slow at writing things...
41
41

Help to kill file with Mozilla Thunderbird please
I wish to kill file a specific poster on u.d-i-y. I cannot find his email address, how can I do it please? I do now particularly wish to name the individual as I am sure he will flame me.
20
20

Two-stroke mix question
Now I know that in practice it doesn?t matter a jot but every time I mix up some two-stroke fuel I agonise (very slightly) over whether it?s one part oil added to 50 parts petrol or one part oil *in*...
22
22

Help connecting Phonak TV connector
I have a Panasonic LED TV connected to a YamahaYas-107. Sadly this utilizes the optical audio out which the Phonak requires. The Phonak works fine when connected this way but as my wife requires the...
3
3

Public utilities - failing to clean up
Morrisons Utilities recently did some hydrant repairs on a tarmac footpath opposite my home, involving lots of digging and probably replacement of the hydrant, in front of someone's drive. On...
8
8

Radiator Tapings
Ran into a space problem with a tall vertical radiator. The damned thing has side entry and adding the width of the valves is creating problems for the location. Googling around found me one with...
5
5