Subject Author Posted Replies

E.ON Next New Fixed Tariff 12 months
Next Loyalty Fixed V4 Tariff Day Rate 38.69p per kWh Night Rate 13.73p per kWh 45.48p per Day plus a Smart Meter
3
3

GTECH AirRam Handle Stuck - Lying Flat
I was vacuuming under furniture this morning and fully flattened the handle on the GTech. Unfortunately, it will now not go upright again. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks for your help in...

solvent for araldite
I have fixed a couple of bowls for someone and there are a few lumps of araldite left, is there any way to remove them
12
12

Bidet toilet seat
After going to Japan four years ago I was massively inspired by their amazing toilets with built-in bidet functions. I did some research on my return and concluded that having one here would not be...
12
12

Too good to be true, surely?
This garden shed is listed on Facebook Marketplace in a post ostensibly from near where I live. I contacted the seller and he gave me a link for ordering: the price - for a brand new product with free...
9
9

Monkey Stew Recipe *
*Don't worry, No monkeys were used to make this stew :) Ingredients 2-Tablespoons onion powder 4- Cups potatoes (cut into medium pieces)shopping list 2- Small (8 oz.) cans of tomato sauce 2- Small (6...
3
3

Titan Lawnmower ( screwfix)
Just wondering if anyone has one of these and what they think of it? I have a largish amount of lawn BUT I am sick and tired of using petrol lawnmowers. They cost a fortune and mostly go wrong after...
34
34

Remote terminals + and - for 12V batteries
I am struggling to find the correct terminology. In the Motor Home I have the habitation batteries under the floor of a cupboard. 2 * 12V with a solar panel. I have a tyre pump and an inverter which...
7
7

Micro sd cards get very hot
I bought a couple of 512GB micro sd cards and discovered they get very hot  : 60C when being written to at 150MB/s. I was only transferring 11GB of zipped data.
4
4

Glass wool vacuum cleaner bag
Hello! My father and I are cleaning out the glass wool insulation, and need to vacuum the particles. The thing is nobody seems to know which cleaner bag to use...
3
3

Manhattan SX Freesat Box
Dies anyone have experience of Manhattan SX Freesat boxes? I've been asked to help a friend reconfigure hers after switching ISP provider. She was under the impression that after setting up a WiFi...
5
5

George Foreman grill coming on too strong
Next month our Canadian grandkids are coming to visit so we got a George Foreman Grill to better cater to their tastes. Having a practice with it, and following the cooking time recommendations the...
20
20

Transformers
Gentlemen, So in my capacious junkbox I have some 230V to 18VAC miniature mains transformers. However, the secondaries have twin 18V output windings. There are two input pins for the primary mains...
47
47

OT: Landline or not?
On Monday we'll get the keys to our new house. We had a BT landline for about 38 years at our old place but it can't be transferred because the two properties are both on different exchange areas. I...
184
184

OT Random Quiz - a bit like Wordle
Bored. So here we go. Got a lad on a 2 week trial. Small garden office/bar/music/TV room etc about 6m by 5m. New build. So I did some work and then asked the lad to sweep up. There are only two...
30
30