Subject Author Posted Replies

Freelander2 (2013 model) dashboard items non-functional
I have a Freelander 2 (2013 model) and the following dashboard items are problematic: Bluetooth does not connect, Sat. Nav. fails to initialise, Reverse alarm has no audio. My first guess is a faulty...
6
6

Asymmetric hinges, do they exist, do they have a special name?
I'm after some hinges with one flap about 18mm across and the other flap twice as much or even more. Are there such things and, if so, what are they called? If they don't exist then I'll have to make...
11
11

Re: External insulation
Round here I've seen cutouts around gate fixings, downpipes as you say, even a sign on the wall. If I was having it done, I'd probably come up with a solution that the insulation company could work...

How to DIY "My own website"
Usual story: looking for the voice of experience, rather than the legion voices of Google ... We had a friend, who had a great website (logging how he had a new house built (from Finland) in c.2000)....
15
15

*Ticking* Wall clock ?
Looking to replace the current one which is now losing 2 mins/month. New batteries haven't solved it, so I am presuming mechanical wear & tear. We want a like-for-like replacement, which means a...
18
18

coffee capsules
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.
9
9

Great coincidence: new flat and Vax carpet washer at Lidl
Maybe early days for there to be much shareable experience of these machines. My immediate problem with the Vax "Dual Power" carpet washer is that two litres of clean water, produces an egg cup full...
11
11

Ronseal Big Hole Smooth Finish Filler
Is it one of those "unnaturally light" fillers, where you think the full tub must be empty?
8
8

push bike
No. Cyclists are above the law.
14
14

OT Death
Yes well, we are always told that we are living longer, but a very good lady friend of mine died at 8 in a health spa. She had cancer for the third time and was fed up with the treatment. Brian
56
56

Be careful with circular saws in the shed
Man watched his own hand 'fly through the air' in horrific saw accident A man was helping to clear out an elderly woman's shed. Ian Horsley was feeding wood into an electric saw when he sliced off his...
3
3

Flushing / cleaning a radiator
Hi All I have a radiator which has a load of gung in it. I have taken it off and wanted to clean it before putting it back into operation. What's the best thing to flush it all out with. Assume a hose...
4
4

Re: FLUSH another 231 !!! Lines of the Two Prize Idiots' Endless Trollshit!
And true, Uncle Peter is a mistake of nature.

Re: bloody banks
Simples, change banks
19
19

JIS #000 screwdriver
Anyone know where I can get a good quality one at a reasonable price? Best I have spotted so far is Amazon which is more than £12 including delivery. It *must* be JIS, not Phillips!
18
18