Subject Author Posted Replies

Pond pumps: mans or low-voltage?
Any opinions on the relative merits of mains-powered pond pumps as opposed to low-voltage DC? One advantage of the latter might be that it's safer to run non-mains cabling into the garden (though...
8
8

Installing a new font - problems
I have two users on my computer, one administrator and one user (me). I run it as a user almost exclusively, except when having to update stuff or install new stuff. I run Windows 7 and MS Office...
8
8

Which boiler to buy, reliable - nowt fancy....
Vaillant & Worcester Bosch are the only relatively reliable ones. I wouldn't fit anything else. A second hand one might be worth considering. For curiosity's sake only, there are Chinese boilers that...
24
24

Re: OT Magic trick?
On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 08:05:26 +0100, ARW > wrote: So now we know when you two met up and fisted each other, the end result was your reply. Subscribe to my new channel about cats:...

combo hot water tank supplies meager flow
The hot water supply to the bathroom wash hand basin here is little more than a trickle. Being located in a flat, the top of the header tank of the combination hot water cylinder is at a height of...
31
31

OT Magic trick?
how do you account for this well known trick? Subscribe to my new channel about cats: https://youtube.com/channel/UCq2UyupGA33N6ezKKRgKHfQ Please help me to reach 100,000 subscribers! Infinite...
15
15

Should have fitted the kitchen myself :(
So we warned them that our house is 300 years old, and every other bit of work we've done has showed damp. They stripped out the old kitchen, waved a damp meter at the floor, and fitted the new one....
10
10

What to do with half a day in Dorset
Suggestions Doing Avebury circles on the way down Final destination is Wareham
28
28

vernier-caliper
I've just purchased a vernier-caliper the packaging it says "Made in China. All figures are approximate" It doesn't give much confidence that the 100mm to 150mm +/-0.03mm figure is accurate!
4
4

Homoze.
Anyone got one? Saw it at a friend's place. Basically a garden etc hose which expands about 3 times when water is in it, and contracts back afterwards. Very flexible with no water in it so much easier...
5
5

Spur off a spur?
Is it permissable/advisable to connect an electric towel bar using a fused spur, connected to a spur? That's what our electrician intends to do, and it doesn't sound right to me (I'm hoping he's...
8
8

Toshiba Netbook NB200
I have one of the above which was often useful, but now lives in a cupboard because it runs XP Home, which is no longer 'secure', and cannot be upgraded to W7 or above. It occurs that perhaps there is...
54
54

Tom Scholz
?v=NYXgfzVjrTwhow cool is tom scholz?.....he used to work for polaroid and worked on the polaroid polavision instant movie system with camera and monitor that I wanted in the mid 70's ...won't say for...
1
1

OT? - Crops under solar panels
Around here, they graze sheep on the grass between the panels.
17
17

Re: Virgin Media Technical Question
I am not aware of any such system. Are you sure this was not a web site password which could be used over any internet link? Brian