Subject Author Posted Replies

Land Value Tax
Should Corbyn set it at a rate designed merely to redistribute wealth or should a more progressive level of taxation be applied to the robber baron class? hoardings, coupled with the introduction of...
44
44

Floor boxes
Anyone use a floor box such as: <>at home? We're gonna be getting our office redone at some point so am thinking of having a box similar to the above in the middle of the floor to provide volts and...
10
10

Mathematic notation (doubtless a stupid question)
Hello, When writing, for example, "metres per second per second" for acceleration, it is noted as ms^-2 (where the caret symbolises the -2 is in superscript). I understand that, and why, "per second...
26
26

Concrete floor - Unsupported right angle in RSJ (s) to support upstairs rooms
Hello, I want to take down the walls between my kitchen and my dining area of my through sitting/dining room. I am unsure whether this wall is a supporting wall. The RSJ could sit on a column of...
13
13

Any thoughts on the value of this cordless jigsaw
Just 11 fabulous 5 star reviews. 't know why so many of the big name versions are being sold without battery or charger. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cordless Jigsaw, TECCPO...
73
73

OT Fuel subsidies.
Subsidies for coal, oil and gas are not falling despite EU pledges to tackle climate change Subsidies for coal, oil and gas are not falling despite EU pledges to tackle climate change
6
6

1" concrete driveway - this'll be fun :)
House across the road. With no warning, previous occupants who have lived there as long as we've lived here (16 years then) upped and moved overnight last November. We got a notice of application to...
58
58

Wall chasers worth it or not?
I have been busy chasing walls for cables with quite a bit still to do. With my right arm beginning to feel it bashing away at a bolster with a lump hammer so was thinking of easing the job somewhat...
19
19

Will these flexible tails connect to 15mm Plastic pipe?
Got the low pressure tap on order. hope the connections can be made to 15mm plastic pipe, or else I'll be ripping out tiled trunking. Shop Rio Mono Basin Sink Mixer Tap (DOM) for LOW PRESSURE 40MM....
2
2

refund oddity
Not so long ago, I bought a mains lead on ebay. I found, by a lucky chance, the there was no earth connection, so I arranged to send it back. I took it to my local post office, got a receipt, then a...
16
16

I broke a gate valve.
In my fumbling enthusiasm to get out from under the kitchen sink, I overdid the leverage and broke the spindle of a seized gate valve. So now it can be turned forever in any direction with no effect....
16
16

OT: Anyone seen this?
<>O tempora, O mores (I think that's correct, but no doubt Latin expert michael adams can help). The cyclist ran a red light in the City of London, narrowly avoiding hitting a pedestrian who was...

Tracing path of jointed arm
Not even sure that's a good title - google didn't seem to find anything relevant. I've got a TV mounting bracket, with 3 pivot points: - one on the plate that fixes to the back of the TV (it's...
11
11

Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 Bentone B9B burner
The Bentone B9B burner requires replacement. Bentone do not manufacture it anymore. What if any has worked as a replacement, EOGB, Riello, or NuWay ST35 S1S 63. For example? Each has a different blast...

where to buy chairs of this type used in Starbucks?
Hello, I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go very nicely. The only place I've seen these...
16
16