Subject Author Posted Replies

Hoping to de-modernise flat heating system.
The previous occupants of my newly acquired electric only flat had the night storage heaters removed. They were replaced with these fairly insubstantial panel heaters from Aldi. "EasyHome Panel...
88
88

OT Think be fore you give (RNLI)
Chief executive Mark Dowie warned last week that it is 'facing some major challenges' after making a loss of £6.3million. But demand for the RNLI's services is at record levels.
1
1

OT: from Twitter today
1) Verhofstadt comes clean: at the LibDem Conference today he admitted that the EU is building an empire. No surprise there then. 2) Gilets Jaunes protests approach a year of protests. Tear gas and...
49
49

Tradesmen - arrogance or ignorance
Recently had a kitchen extension and fit, More recently a bathroom. Both lots of tradesmen did a decent job but did not refer to the instructions with the fittings I had chosen. With the bathroom the...
3
3

Stop/ start - fail
Doesn?t your hybrid have a ?hold? function- almost like and automatic handbrake? When you stop, it comes on. Put your foot on the accel. and it releases. You have to select to use it each journey but...
55
55

OT One of the reasons we need renewable energy/
Fires raged at the plant in Abqaiq, Bugayg, and the arab country's second largest oilfield in Khurais this morning after mounting tensions between Riyadh and Tehran boiled over.
24
24

Car seat adjustments
There are a lot of drivers around who don't know that the seat is adjustable for height!
18
18

What size DVDs will my CDROM cope with?
It is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH245NSDO. I have 700MB ones, but these are not large enough to make a Boot-able recovery disc with Acronis. so what are the larges capacity DVDs that this drive will work with...
8
8

Looking for info on this timeswitch
's no model number as far as I can see in its cramped location. I don't have a clue what all the buttons switches and dials do. Any info would be much appreciated. Timeswitch — Postimages...
25
25

OT: The English Language
"60% off George Foreman" is a headline which greeted me this morning. I wonder if George knows that he is being sold so cheaply, or that there is a Shylock cut of him available? It joins the "Car...
3
3

Error message on my MC250
Hi, we inherited this MC 250 when we moved in and I basically worked out how it operated. Now though, it's showing error 1. It is also 3/4 full of water where it hasn't before. I've emptied the tank...
3
3

SF6 is the new CO2 threat!
to be 23,500 times more warming than carbon dioxide (CO2). It's the most powerful greenhouse gas you've never heard of, and levels in the atmosphere are soaring.
9
9

solder
I need to solder a patch onto a rusty diesel tank, previously I used 60/40 tin lead solder but this is not readily available locally will a lead free plumber's solder still wet fluxed steel? AJH
23
23

Photopolymer - what is it?
We have come across a can of something labelled as 'Skytone Photyopolmer', which is made in Korea. I assume it is the translation of a Photopolymer. There is no other information with the can, other...
5
5

rocker cover
What the hell do the yanks mean when they talk about a rocker cover ? Definitely not what I understand it to mean, a cover for the cam shaft rockers
12
12