Subject Author Posted Replies

Timber Stabiliser?
great stuff ....used it myself at times ....
6
6

Concrete drying time
Unbelievable an *on topic* thread:-) Is there a time limit between laying oversite concrete and fitting the insulation, dpc and screed? Concrete drying time must be similar to screed and there are...
11
11

Red face over fitted wardrobe shelves.
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 18:43:49 +0100, Dave W > wrote: These are very convincing solutions and I appreciate the advice. It's simply that I just wanted to undo 6 screws and relocate the shelf....
61
61

OT:Low Temp washes, like coughs, spreads diseases
For Brian A washing machine used in a german hospotal for washing baby clothes at low temperatures spread contamination. Experts reported the risks of energy-saving domestic washers after finding a...
13
13

fire seal around CU cable entry
I have a plastic CU (installation according to regs in 2006 when plans were passed !), that I am just finishing - having changed to all RCBOs, etc. Well if I did another CU I'd try to have cable entry...
11
11

Parkside/ Bosch
The Parkside 20v Team battery looks identical to the Bosch battery fitting, are they the same/ interchangeable?

Gas boiler ban brought forward.
GAS boilers are to be banned from all newly-built homes from next year under a major Government effort to 'go green'. GAS boilers are to be banned from all newly-built homes from next year under a...
57
57

Home security - Foscam or?
Fancy something to keep an eye on the house and the dog while we are out, thought about a couple of those pan and tilt IP cams, set to alert if movement detected. (Dog is old and weary, so no risk of...
1
1

OT FFS More annoying green children
Are Hi vis jackets are needed to collect litter from the beach? However "Some crisp packets cannot be recycled" But yet they collect them (after eating them and washing them) and take them to be...
65
65

TOT: JustGiving
If I want to use a pseudonym can I just change the name field when making a donation or will it default to my registered name? Do I have to set up a new account using my other name?
2
2

ACK4 window actuator replacement
Just had an ACK42 fail after just over 5 years. Of course, Sod's Law arranged for it to fail in the fully-open position, and we didn't discover it until after there had been quite a bit of rain!...

Replacement front glass for PIR floodlight?
Hi all I bought an IP65 LED PIR floodlight recently. Whilst preparing it for use (greasing up the threads of the front screws holding the glass on, mainly), I tightened them up too far (or unevenly),...
15
15

How do you say you don't want a smart meter, just an ordinary one?
My supplier says my (electricity only) meter's certification has expired so I need a new meter. All the forms and ways of telling them when to come say 'book your smart meter installation'. Should...
25
25

Samsung device SKU Security Camera
A friend has just bought a Security camera which works with V-Home system. Unfortunately he can only use it if he takes out a 24 month contract with Vodafone. He can see it, wirelesly, on his network...
2
2

What would cause lots of MCBs to trip together?
Three phase DB. Turned up and tried to turn the lights on, to find that all the MCBs controlling circuits with lights (and some without), plus a submain that also had a lights circuit running from the...
8
8