Subject Author Posted Replies

PCD?
All along the newer dual-carriageway section of the A46, from nottingam to Newark are signs saying "PCD 30m ->" or various distances, seemingly they are to do with water attenuation ponds, and maybe...
4
4

OT: Omega Speedmaster
Natch. You'd be the first bloke on the list. :-) (and Plowman would be the last)
8
8

Aldi inspection camera - any good?
Has anyone got one? £40 Photo here: https://1drv.ms/u/s Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents. Store...
9
9

Filling up gravity central heating
The water to the header tank was turned off and the system drained down. Swapped the mid position vale and it will now not fill back up. The odd thing is the header tank did not drain off - it was...
23
23

OT: Another one for Adam - Apprentice Electrician loses car
Apologies if I'm not the first to mention this story here but I did wonder if Adam had moved his business to Plymouth and not told anybody. Connor Spear, known as "Fun-time Frankie", failed to find...
3
3

Pipes, Joists & Floorboards
Many years ago, I put down T&G floorboards in the bedroom. I've ripped up the carpet in the landing to continue T&G into the landing. The problem is that, when I did the bedroom, I used a 190mm, plain...
17
17

Thunderbird, blocking cross posts
Just in case anyone else is tired of wading through the irrelevant cross posted stuff, here is a method for blocking cross posts in Thunderbird: can block specific groups or all cross posted messages)
26
26

OT. Runny dry ice...
Reporters once again demonstrating their knowledge of basic science. ?An emergency incident at Glasgow Airport was caused by a leak from a package containing glass tubes of vaccine in the cargo hold...
19
19

Cutting a cheap bath panel
My daughter wants to smarten up her bathroom prior to sale and her bath panel is cracked. It?s a funny length though (1670mm) and seems hard to find. One end of the panel tucks behind a vanity unit...
10
10

Backing up Android phone without USB lead
My Pixel3a phone wont charge, I think the USB socket is dusty or broken. I've moved the SIM to an old phone. But the problem is all the photos, notes and data on it which I havent backed up, how to...
13
13

Mixing 1.5mm and 1mm wire in lighting circuits?
Is it OK to use 1.5mm for most of a lighting circuit, including all the shared feeds, and 1mm 2 core and 3 core for some individual lamps and switches? [george]
2
2

Socket to 6 amp lighting circuit OK?
I have 1.5mm cable for a downstairs lighting circuit. Can I add a 3 pin socket to it above the door for use by christmas lights etc? [g]
42
42

Brazing stainless steel - what's easiest?
I need to mend a small piece of stainless steel, it's essentially a small length of tube (125mm dia or so) with a flange that needs to be re-affixed to a then plate. The original welds (not mine!)...
11
11

WHICH magazine Boiler ratings
Glanced through the latest edition in the Library. They have a new table of gas Boiler reliability ratings. 1. W-B 2. Vaillant 3. Viesseman . . . . . . . . 19. Ferroli 20. Biasi Even Ideal were up at...

OT: fake blood
Anyone know what the fake blood, as sprayed all over themselves and the road and perhaps passers-by by the climate klods, is made of?
51
51