Subject Author Posted Replies

Dishwasher leak
I have tracked down the source of a significant leak in my 12 year old Bosch dishwasher. There's a worn O ring on the water inlet side of things. It's a fairly chunky O ring about 2 cms wide. still...
12
12

Ground Source Heat Pump Maintenance
I see Croydon is fitting ground source heat pumps to heat a 44 unit high rise. Amongst other things, they say it'll cut the costs of maintaining the current storage heaters. I thought storage heaters...
29
29

Fixed or sliding hinge fixings for integrated fridge/freezer?
There is plenty of information online describing what the difference is between fixed hinges (door carried by the appliance) and sliding hinges (door carried by the carcass) for integrated...
1
1

Facebook/ Messenger.com and Wish
I don't normally use either application, though I do have a Facebook account, which also seems to be the same account used in Messenger. What's the connection between these two please? The thing is, I...
7
7

hotpoint 6115 oven door hinges
Anyone got any idea how to remove oven door and then get the hinges out. This is a quite old oven >20 yrs and nothing that matches appears on the internet. eg. even the 6116 is different.
11
11

Killfiles
I use Gravity in which the killfile is known as the Bozo bin. Out of interest, just now I counted 322 posts available before downloading them. When I did download them, the figure dropped to 191! Does...
19
19

JUST BLOCK IT ALL! LOL!!
Fluck you

Power sockets with 3 cables
Interested to know how others do this, particularly the professionals. When spurring off a socket on the ring, there's always 3 cables to fit into the holes. In the past I've tried twisting the 3...
54
54

Blank posts today?
I'm seeing an awful lot of blank post today, just a subject line Re. whatever and no body. Are they blank or is it an hiccup in the server?
40
40

Doing away with ceiling lights?
I can't be arsed with the wiring up of them, so just wondered has anyone done away with ceiling lights altogether in favour of just wall lights?
15
15

OT: uneven cooking in microwaves
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.
150
150

Re: Seagate abandon remote access to their 'Central' NAS (2023 Update)
What you need to do is to set up 'port redirection' or 'passthrough' on your router so that ftp access requests to your external address is redirected to the internal address of the seagate. I would...
11
11

Smart Meter Snoopers
As predicted :   The smart meter snoopers already in homes tracking our energy habits 20 firms to share £20m to develop products to work alongside smart meters One firm has boasted of being able to...
36
36

Running power to a kitchen island
I am in the middle of designing a new kitchen and am toying with the idea of running power to an island for a socket (and, possible, in-cupboard lighting). The floor is, I believe, suspended beam and...
7
7

OT: Something for Christmas at Harrods
yes price zero, not too sure how bad the performance was, but I doubt the speakers cost more £10 in the 1970s, no woofer or tweety just one speaker per plastic box. Then again I tried to get the...
54
54