Subject Author Posted Replies

moan #2 - dimmable or not
Looking for a multi-light fitting. 4 spot lights on a bar. Screwfix designates most as "non-dimmable" but doesn't include the GU10 bulbs. Separately it lists dimmable GU10 bulbs. So what have they...
25
25

Moan moan hole saw arbor moan
Just trying to match a holesaw and arbor on the Screwfix site. The arbor suggests maximum and minimum sizes of hole saw. The hole saw description is a bit more cryptic. 9.5mm shank for 14-30mm 11mm...
5
5

Standardisation? Why aren't things all the same?
Bought a bog yesterday, Come to fit it today, the flush unit is too big to go through the hole in the cistern. The hole is 2 inch, which is and has been pretty standard as far as I can tell so what...
7
7

Ctrl+Alt+Del
I?m in two minds whether to bother watching, tbh. I probably will watch the opening but that might be all I can stomach till the divisions. I had my fill of smug Tories on the telly yesterday. This...
5
5

Dishwasher leak
I have tracked down the source of a significant leak in my 12 year old Bosch dishwasher. There's a worn O ring on the water inlet side of things. It's a fairly chunky O ring about 2 cms wide. still...
12
12

Ground Source Heat Pump Maintenance
I see Croydon is fitting ground source heat pumps to heat a 44 unit high rise. Amongst other things, they say it'll cut the costs of maintaining the current storage heaters. I thought storage heaters...
29
29

Fixed or sliding hinge fixings for integrated fridge/freezer?
There is plenty of information online describing what the difference is between fixed hinges (door carried by the appliance) and sliding hinges (door carried by the carcass) for integrated...
1
1

Facebook/ Messenger.com and Wish
I don't normally use either application, though I do have a Facebook account, which also seems to be the same account used in Messenger. What's the connection between these two please? The thing is, I...
7
7

hotpoint 6115 oven door hinges
Anyone got any idea how to remove oven door and then get the hinges out. This is a quite old oven >20 yrs and nothing that matches appears on the internet. eg. even the 6116 is different.
11
11

Killfiles
I use Gravity in which the killfile is known as the Bozo bin. Out of interest, just now I counted 322 posts available before downloading them. When I did download them, the figure dropped to 191! Does...
19
19

JUST BLOCK IT ALL! LOL!!
Fluck you

Power sockets with 3 cables
Interested to know how others do this, particularly the professionals. When spurring off a socket on the ring, there's always 3 cables to fit into the holes. In the past I've tried twisting the 3...
54
54

Blank posts today?
I'm seeing an awful lot of blank post today, just a subject line Re. whatever and no body. Are they blank or is it an hiccup in the server?
40
40

Doing away with ceiling lights?
I can't be arsed with the wiring up of them, so just wondered has anyone done away with ceiling lights altogether in favour of just wall lights?
15
15

OT: uneven cooking in microwaves
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.
150
150