Subject Author Posted Replies

Laminate strip coming away.
I have a cupboard as an extension to my desk. The edges of the left hand side have a laminated strip. On both edges of the back and front, the laminate has peeled away, two or three inches of it. It...
8
8

Hammer drill from Lidl problem
I've had this hammer drill for a couple of years. It's a PBH 1500 E5, pretty heavy and apparently heavy duty. I bought it anticipating future needs but only used it twice on jobs which did'nt require...
22
22

Odd camera on lampost - pointing almost vertically downwards
In a village near me there is a lamp-post in a 30 mph zone which has a rectangular metal "tube" about 1 foot long by 6" square which is pointing straight down at the road surface by the post. There is...
14
14

Sometimes you just chuckle
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:45:47 +0100 Jeff Layman snipped-for-privacy@I like the "Report Abuse" button, it has a purpose here.
4
4

screwfix suddenly giving access denied
When I try and connect to from my home LAN (same on laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access / on this server." It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP...
3
3

Repairing membrane keypad ?
What type is it. Type one two sheets of flexible pcb with a rubber or hard button on top. Normally can be fixed by silver loaded paint if you can get the layers apart without doing more damage. 2...
8
8

spoofers
If you see any more activity, check the server, I've had them banned from AO. Brian

Replacing electric conduit
The professional electricans who did the original wiring on my house just used a length of yellow gas pipe as conduit (1976) to run power from house, under a path and up into the garage 1 meter away....
9
9

gignews problem?
Mozilla and plusnet news servers (both outsourced to giganews) seem to be timing out ...
1
1

Snails eating mortar and making big holes
Mortar has lime in it and that is calcium carbonate (CC). Snails need CC for their shells.
2
2

Radiator bleed valve keys - Brass/Zinc or other
I've got a couple of awkward bleed screws. All the screws are direct into the back of the radiator so not easy to get at and I've fractured a couple of cheapo keys. As a last resort I'd like to get a...
21
21

Cutting plastic coated MDF
I?m trying to cut some plastic coated MDF (Melamine?) using a powered jig saw and it?s chipping the plastic like mad. A friend told me there is a special blade for doing this. Can anyone advise me?...
23
23

Lifetime of a CH valve motor - is this a record?
Failed Honeywell CH valve motor replaced on 2 Oct. That motor failed about 14 days later and was replaced today, 23 Oct. I'm assuming that the first replacement really was a brand-new motor, and not...
15
15

Should my brother be prosecuted?
Double 13 amp socket in his kitchen. One side has coffee maker plugged in. The other has a three-way adapter with kettle and toaster plugged in. I suppose it is unlikely all all these devices would be...
11
11

Another foam disaster
"Louise Steyn9 months ago Dont laugh Tanya! But I once wanted to fix my cracking dashboard in my old jaloppy. I took this same foam stuff and went crazy! It took my son like 2 days to clear the...
1
1