Subject Author Posted Replies

Plug sockets with integrated USB PSUs
MK make shuttered USB charger modules. When nothing is inserted the shutter closes and completely disconnects the charging circuitry. (Not that cheap, and don't include 13A 3-pin sockets)
33
33

Baxi 105 HE boiler flame fault, runs for 10s,
However, I seem to have fixed it by removing the condensation tank, and drying it, particularly near where the sensor wire is connected to it. I think that it was damp, and sufficient current was...
3
3

Anyone else woken up an hour early?
she's from Luton Airport?
46
46

Lamona Oven
10 miles away in London can mean an hour's drive. There can be a lot of BIWs. A BIW is a bugger in the way. There's basically two types of traffic: buggers in the way and buggers chasing you.
18
18

UV Glue any good?
Has anyone tried that UV cure glue? What's it like, any good?..
8
8

Painting for a good finish
I'm just cursing foam "gloss paint" rollers after putting a coat of paint on the bottom of my boat. The finish is glossy like an orange :( - sort of shiny, but with lots of little pits. Is there a...
9
9

Petrol-engined washing machine
Did we ever have them over here, or were they just an American thing? <> And so begins the restoration of the gas-powered washing machine! This restoration is on a 1929 No. 92 Maytag Multi-Motor....
5
5

Car cameras
Confused? Do you mean cameras that allow you to see out the back, whilst reversing or such, that allows you a 'better', clearer might be a better word, to the rear than simply looking out the back...
43
43

Vans
In article >, Tim Lamb Got three of them in my car. ;-)
33
33

Replacing the rear view camera on a Hyundai iX35
I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play up, especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it functioned. Hyundai Wolverhampton's stance is that if it's...
6
6

SMS messaging
One for the cognoscenti... Now that the 21st. century is well established I have down graded to a gifted Alcatel *one touch* mobile phone! My grandchildren sport the latest i phones but this does all...
23
23

ABP
I have not the foggiest idea of what you are on about. sorry. Brian
7
7

OT: Strange Gmail emails received
Posting a question on behalf of a friend who'd asked me for help? As some of you probably know (I didn't until I looked into this), gmail email addresses ignore ".". So, if your address is say, then...
45
45

radiator auto bleed valves
A few years back whilst I had the central heating system drained down I fitted auto bleed valves to my radiators (Aladin Autovent) worked for a while. I recently drained down the system again to...
5
5

Laminate strip coming away.
I have a cupboard as an extension to my desk. The edges of the left hand side have a laminated strip. On both edges of the back and front, the laminate has peeled away, two or three inches of it. It...
8
8