Subject Author Posted Replies

flat tipped drill?
Reading the instructions for fitting the handles to kitchen cupboards they say "use a 5mm flat tipped drill". I can find flat wood bits but I'm pretty sure that isn't what they mean. Looking at <>I...
18
18

OT: The Money Farmers: How Oligarchs and Populists Milk the E.U. for Millions
The European Union spends $65 billion a year subsidizing agriculture. But a chunk of that money emboldens strongmen, enriches politicians and finances corrupt dealing.
3
3

OT Cicero
?A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the...
14
14

Vokara 29he
My hearing works fine but my hot water runs cold after about 30 seconds using taps or mixer taps on bath please do you have any suggestions
5
5

Current rating of Faston / Lucar connectors
HI All I'm thinking of replacing the main relays in my 7.5kw glass-fusing kiln with these relays which are Potter&Brumfield DPDT 40A relays. Currently I'm using domestic contactors, which last a few...
33
33

Battery LED PIR Lights
Having seen the thread about how useful battery powered LED PIR lights where during a power cut decided that a couple would be useful here. Fosicked about on Amazon, reviews variable. Wish Listed a...
15
15

Memera 2000 bits and pieces
Just dismantled an old Memera 2000 CU that we had replaced shortly after we moved in. I assume the MCBs are still ok and could be used on another CU if they fit, but the three RCDs are weird. They are...
6
6

Re: Enough sockets in a modern house
Must be, or the estate agent wouldn't have moved it half a mile. Owain
40
40

Todays top tip
Setting fire to a mattress in your front garden slows the traffic down better than speed bumps and 20MPH signs.
17
17

TOT: TripAdvisor
How do I stop TripAdvisor attempting to create a new account via gmail every time I try to log on? I have been to gmail login and removed TA there. I have opened my existing TA account and unlinked...
1
1

Stressless 2 seat Reclining Sofa
The bolt attaching the seat back to the arm has come unscrewed. How do I reattach it to the seat back?
1
1

Any GRP roofing experts out there?
As part of a small extension I needed a "hidden" flat roof section. I got builders to do the groundwork, blockwork and roofing - although their work in most areas has been good, the GRP roof did not...
17
17

H&M Powermaster transformer/controller (blown capacitor)
An update on an earlier post. Partial dismantle completed, and images here : of wax, presumably from the capacitor. Question is, can I just solder in a new one to replace the old, and if so, what? In...
22
22

Fixing curtain pole track pulling from wall
I've been tasked by swmbo with fixing a couple of curtain tracks that are pulling from the wall. One is a standard white curtain rail fixed in multiple points, the other is a pole with only two...
24
24

Recommended power provision for hob and oven
The design of our new kitchen for ourĀ open-plan extension is slowly maturing and, having decided what induction hob and double built-under oven we want, I would be grateful for opinions on what power...
12
12