Subject Author Posted Replies

PURE Evoke 1S radio display (2023 Update)
The display on my above digital radio has all but disappeared. In a darkened room, with a small torch illuminating the light sensor, it's just possible to make out that something is happening on the...
22
22

Consumer Unit Layout (Final) Pt2
Just realised the link was to a Docx file which not everyone might be able to open so have included a PDF Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share...
3
3

Consumer Unit Layout (Final)
I spoke to the BCO today and the outcome of the conversation is that he insists I include a Surge Protection Device (SPD) in the CU and looking into the calculation required to avoid inclusion and the...
18
18

Bill Wright is almost a God
I met an aerial bloke today at work this morning to discuss the missing coax from the mains room to the roof. A bit of a problem as its a concrete roof, the mains room is in the centre of the building...
41
41

Broadband for all - not political
why would cables be needed? Surely people can use 3G or something? Wirelss connections are surely good enough.
181
181

OT Invisibility Cloak
HyperStealth Biotechnology Corp, based in British Columbia, said its new applications related to their Quantum Stealth technology - otherwise known as the Invisibility Cloak. HyperStealth...
12
12

Outdoor steps and handrails
There was a very helpful thread on garden steps some months back: thanks to everyone who chipped in. One thing which didn't crop up then was this: I've looked at the online regs but can't find this...
13
13

The Plank
Has this been posted before? This is a pantomime about two construction workers, who discover that a plank is missing from the floor they are just building. They discover that two children have taken...
24
24

Insulating utility room
About 25 years ago we had a small utility room built on to our kitchen. Its only about 1.5m x 1.5m internally and two of the four walls are part of the existing house, i.e cavity brick/block. The...
26
26

Thanks to rain...
I can now barely achieve 1Mbps download speed. Every three hours or so... The rest of the time nothing.
41
41

OT Rain.
We have had 26 hours of continuous rain here. W.Midlands. Must be even worse in Wales.
9
9

Wow ! 3D Acoustics ...
2
2

OT - Groundwater reports
<> I was wondering how the continued rainfall was affecting the groundwater levels; specifically if we were at near normal levels or better. The linked site seems to have loads of useful information....

Restore a 60 year old Egg Tempera Painting
It is mine. I painted it in around 1955. It is a portrait of The Queen. It was never hung but eventually stored in our attic. At the time I was painting quite a bit but could not afford a decent...
6
6

Health! Warning of a secretary of the order of dentists