Subject Author Posted Replies

ladder cripples
Thought these were outlawed? neighbours have got a firm in changing soffits/fascias and they're using them, instead of scaffold towers
13
13

Google Chrome has just changed
Is it me of is it general? It now displays my photo, and is no so easy to navigate, how, if I can, do i get the old one back?
16
16

SDD upgrade, clone or fresh install?
Peeps, Following on from the Digital Audio Workstation / laptop question previously, we have since found a s/h i5 HP Notebook that seems to run Reason 11 ok. It came with a 750GB hdd that I'd like to...
18
18

BT Internet
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system...
11
11

Power supplier wants to fit smart meters?
I've just changed Power supplier to E-0n and they want to fit smart meters. At the time of change I apparently agreed to smart meters to be supplied, but I never noticed it. I've followed the...
39
39

Re: cannon coalridge bf gas fire
Hi Sparkydoo, I've just seen your request for the Installers Instructions. Should you be lucky and get a copy, could you please forward me a copy? Many thanks Tony T.

Battery for WorkZone 3.6V cordless screwdriver?
My WorkZone screwdriver has been left unused for about a year and now has no battery power. The charger still makes the led glow, but charging for a long time doesn't result in any charge. I assume...
3
3

LED house number
Years ago I made an illuminated house number. I soldered hundreds of little LEDs across busbars. I might have posted pictures here at the time. Anyway I decided I want an illuminated number on the new...
44
44

angle grinder with chainsaw blade
I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback? Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an...
8
8

Rooting a phone
I've had a Galaxy Note 4 for many years and am still happy with it, except that something is making it run s l o o w l y. I plan to make a note of everything I use and then nuke it back to factory...
18
18

Dell Support Assist Bios update
Just had a message come up on my laptop (Dell Latitude E6230) purporting to come from Dell Support Assist offering me a Bios update, tagged 'urgent'. Anyone any idea if this is genuine, or a cunning...
10
10

Dam in Derbyshire - Whaley Bridge
Any updates on its current state and work being done?
3
3

OT: More about the flood
Fishlake isn't news any more, but the drama continues. My daughter and her family are now living in a rented house at Carlton. It's a nice house, old but very thoroughly modernised. Both their cars...
33
33

Which tool bag?
I stood on one of my tool boxes the other day, and went through it. So i'm going to replace it with a bag as i've a couple of others and prefer them in several ways. So if someone had offered to get...
8
8

Thickness of concrete slab - 75mm
I'm having the slab in my kitchen replaced. The plan is: 50mm scalpings, DPM, 50mm Celotex, poly sheet, 75mm concrete with fibre and extra sharp sand, no screed. It will be tiled with porcelain tiles...