Subject Author Posted Replies

Mixed gasses
I asked google, about a mix of propane or butane and acetylene but only got answers around propane butane mixes, I can not believe that people have not experimented but google seem to have decided no...
29
29

calor butane
Have you considered investing in one of the legally refillable propane cylinders? The Safefill ones are probably the best for none vehicle use and I think the cheapest. The initial cost is high but...
18
18

Safe zones for cables
I am trying to save myself a bit of unnecessary wall chasing and was and was wondering if a cable from another circuit shared the same chase as say a ring main to a socket but went beyond the socket...
7
7

Timber yard with no saw?
Bought some 4x3 today, asked the timber guy to cut it and apparently they've got rid of the saw, "You are welcome to cut it yourself", he said and lent me a handsaw and a tape measure! Is that OK?...
10
10

Vinegar in plastic bottles ?
Just bought an own brand malt vinegar from Sainsburys and it comes in a plastic bottle. (Which I used to refill the previous Sainsburys own brand vinegar we bought which came in a glass bottle) Is it...
24
24

Re: Von Haus 3 blade stove top fan - instructions - rant
Obviously posted to the wrong group! Stove fans help bring more heat into your room from your stove heater without using any electricity. Click here to buy yours today!
2
2

DAB Car Radio
My car has DAB Radio and I know nothing about it - it has worked fine for 18months but recently I have had some dips in reception and a message "FM Link" has popped up on the display for much of the...
4
4

Crossing cables
We will be using a tall kitchen unit to house a built in oven with a built in micro-wave oven above. The main switch for the oven is to the right of the oven housing unit with a horizontal feed going...
4
4

Touprelith F & Pliolite
Instructions are "Do not overcoat with oil borne coatings (Pliolite, etc.) unless a priming coat of waterborne masonry paint is applied first." Having run out of old waterborne masonry paint is there...
2
2

Hardening and tempering
Any steel boffins around? Fe/CS Mn 2.03 0.86 Fe 95.4 2.19 Presumably heat cherry red and quench ,then in the old days used to bring to selected colour then quench to temper but nowadays they seem to...
18
18

wood expansion
I splashed out and got a Sjobergs workbench complete with storage. The storage has two doors manufactured from laminated strips. Within a few days thy bowed across the width of the door. I assume this...
6
6

Rating of Randall 103
Hi All, I have an ancient Randall 103 which I am considering digging out to control TV/AV equipment. I looked up the users guide online, and it?s rated at 6(2) A. Anyone any thoughts as to what that...
10
10

OT: Bit wet yesterday, knocked out DAB reception completely.
My new Denon DM41DAB refused to pick up any DAB stations yesterday while it was chucking down with rain. Today they are sort-of back to normal but noticibly 'quieter' than the same program on FM....
11
11

Car speeding alert device?
I'm now at 9 points on my driving licence, what gadgets and apps are there to help me avoid another speed camera? An audible alert or a big red light please [george]
115
115

TRV problem
My Bulldog TRVs are about 15 years old. One of them has been fitted with an electronic control, but has stopped turning off. Having put back the original thermostatic head, it still seems to be stuck...
11
11