Subject Author Posted Replies

Hmm, bulb dilemma
it's probably a SOX one that needs a ballast Send it to clive (not really he's probably got dozens of them)
23
23

Skilled man tools
Why do most car mechanics pride themselves in using the correct spanner for any nut - yet plumbers who have less sizes to cope with just maul stuff tight with crude grips?
13
13

OT: Ping Pamela
Well, I've studied economics for nearly half a century. How long have you studied it? Where do you live now. ?
15
15

Re: car people only please...
It's not unusual to get erroneous error codes which don't come back once cleared. I had quite a few on my previous car - Volvo V70 - some of which looked serious, but never were.
5
5

16A Surface mounted inlet plug for caravan or similar
I can get one to IP44 but these have exposed pins. I can get a named inlet plug for 32 with a flap and IP67 from Screwfix but struggling to find one that is IP67 in 16A. I can go to eBay and get one...
16
16

OT . What is this gadget?
This was situated outside a garden centre. Does anyone know what it is? /
27
27

New boiler and flue question
We have an ancient (40 yrs+) New World back boiler in our kitchen fireplace. Serviced annually and still working well. Somewhat underpowered as the place has been extended. It is going to die...
5
5

Anyone been to RS Components Trade Counter at 'Gatwick' ?
From: 30th December Gatwick closed All other branches open 8:00am to 16:30pm Tuesday 31st December Gatwick closed All other branches open 8:00am to 16:30pm Heathrow, Watford and Bermondsey addresses...
1
1

Swimming pool fatalities
Reading in the news about the father and 2 children that drowned in the swimming pool, the mother is adament that they could all swim. I dont understand what could go wrong with the actual pool to...
55
55

Another Dyson question...
HI Folks I've ended up with the ex-house Dyson DC44 for workshop use. We gave up trying to fix the darn thing, and bought a new one for 'posh' indoors use... It's a bit like Trigger's broom - and has,...
11
11

Fuses - again
Fuses are available as 1A, 2A, 3A, 5A, 7A, 10A and 13A yet only 3A and 10A seem to be in common use. I've been checking some fuses (when I got bored over Christmas!) and many seem to be far higher...
165
165

Boiler efficiency
Probably much covered but a fresh issue for me:-) Viessman modulating system boiler. Reasonably well insulated house. Underfloor heating controlled by 10 (yes 10) thermostats and DHW given priority....
17
17

Modifying a cooker/hob extractor
My cooker sits in what was once a fireplace and there is insufficient height for a conventional "chimney-style" extractor. I've picked-up an ex-display extractor and dismantled it, with the aim of...
10
10

OT: RIP Chuck Peddle who designed the 6502 microprocessor
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 16:16:44 +0000, Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtGosh: I'd not realised before that it was essentially one man's work. But I suppose in those days it was more normal. I wonder how...
15
15

New Boiler - Recomendations
Good questions. I live in a 1910 end terrace and despite additional insulation over the years it still looses heat rapidly and the heating is kept on over night. The bedroom in question is a "spare...
87
87