Subject Author Posted Replies

Wi-Fi
Have BT FTC here. Wi-Fi sometimes seems slow. Do a speed test on the PC desktop here which is cabled, and it is pretty consistent - even without switching off everything that might be using the...
11
11

Repairing leather jackts
Hello, I tore part of my leather jacket. Is there an easy way to fix this? Someone said that a patch can be glued over. Is this a good way to fix the ripped part?
15
15

OT: ATTN Rod speed: Iphone pictures the wrong way round.
Do new Iphones still have that problem where they can only take a picture in 1 of 4 orientations? Don't they have the detector so it can tell which way up you're holding it? I tried my VKWorld phone...
11
11

Shower caddy
Any source recommendations? Stainless seem unaffordable. Chrome ones rust. Plastic a bit naff.....
10
10

Window tint
Any ideas on sticking small corner that is coming unstuck,what about that uv stuff used for phone displays, or CA glue?
4
4

Get well soon Terry Casey
His wife Helen called me today to say they he was knocked over on Saturday and is in a very serious condition. At the moment he is in an induced coma and has been given a 50/50 chance of making it. If...
9
9

OT: How many trees will Microsoft have to plant ?
Some announcement there. How much electronic junk has ended up in landfill or being shipped to Africa for 'recycling' since 1983 when the IBM PC started its evolution into becoming a domestic...
9
9

Joining 1.0, 1.5 and 2.5mm^2 cables
In the good old days I would have used junction boxes but now these have to be 'accessible' I ought to use an alternative. I have tried crimps in the past and been thoroughly disillusioned with them....
54
54

Carpet Wisdom - advice
My lounge carpet has stood up very well to normal wear but the castors of the suite has really dented it (irrecoverable). I suspect the soft underlay has allowed the carpet backing to locally stretch...
10
10

Cats
It's a cat give it what it wants, or is there a reason you won't or can't do that. Cats aren't like dogs that are happy toi eat their own shit.
35
35

Sacrifice
I was trying to think of all the sacrificial things. Sacrificial anodes on ships, yes. But... how about the face of a wooden mallet? Because the reason it's wood is because steel would be too hard....
46
46

cornish pasties????
On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 19:36:53 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: I fail to see the relevance to Cornish pasties, but wouldn't it be simpler, rather than jetting off to the Med, getting a deep tan (and...
8
8

Re Printer cartridge update
I put in a new compatible cartridge and that has resolved the problem. I also because I had £50 of amazon vouchers bought a cheap B&W laser printer so now have a back up. :-) ................Printer...
1
1

Printer cartridge update
I recieved a new compatible
1
1

security cameras
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following is from the spec sheet Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?...
17
17